“Charming place, lovely food, efficient staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Bistro One Ninety Queen's Gate

Bistro One Ninety Queen's Gate
189-190 Queen's Gate | The Gore Hotel, London SW7 5EX, England (Kensington and Hyde Park)
+44 20 7584 6601
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Bistro One Ninety Queen's Gate is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9,482 of 17,944 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: Kensington and Hyde Park
Description: The Bistro has been home to many a celebrated chef and today is no different. This is where our guests come to enjoy excellent food, created from the best ingredients. Our extensive wine list is hand picked, covers all tastes, and stocks rare and fine wines. Bistro One Ninety is the ideal accompaniment to events at Royal Albert hall, the ultimate chic place to start or finish your evening. Pre or post theatre dining menus are available, and last orders are taken until 10.30Pm. Bookings are strongly suggested during key events at The Royal Albert Hall.
London, United Kingdom
“Charming place, lovely food, efficient staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

The Gore hotel's restaurant is a popular place for pre-theatre dining in Kensington Gore / Queen's Gate area.
I was not there for the pre-theatre, rather was on a lovely night out to dinner. When I arrived I did feel a sense of hurry as diners came and went in bursts all in anticipation of the show around the corner at the Royal Albert Hall, but I was quite relaxed at my table. This sense of needing-to-get-out-the-door did matriculate over into the almost over-attentiveness of the staff as we were often approached multiple time in rapid succession, but it did not detract from nor dampen the classic atmospheric ambiance of the place or the food.
Overall the menu was inventive and had some safe but with-a-twist, well-rounded choices. The house wine was very good, and staff were very efficient. The manager of the hotel introduced herself to me personally, and was as professional an lovely as can be.
The bar in the room next door is also a great little spot for a nightcap if you ever find yourself in an otherwise sparse for choice area.
I have many friends who have stayed in the hotel and return year on year with nothing but good things to say. The Gore is definitely doing all the right things whether it be a stay, or a just a night out a pleasurable experience.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

London, United Kingdom
“Terrible service and they tried to charge me”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012 via mobile

I visited this restaurant on Friday 23/11 for the pre theatre dinner before going to the Royal Albert Hall. Reviews seemed good but I was shocked at the lack of service, the 40 minutes we waited for our main meal, the warm food served on cold plates and the general lack of customer care. When I questioned the waiter as to how long our main course would be he did not even bother to return and let me know. To top it all when the bill finally came they had added a 15% service charge which I refused to pay. I only booked as the restaurants at the Hall were full, never again we often go to the Hall if they are fully booked its McDonald's for me. The Fodor is hotter and at least it's service with a smile.

London, United Kingdom
“Exceptional service and atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

Probably the best bistro in london, simple! We were blown away, beats ever other major brand restauant you could name, food is amazing, out of this world!

Visited November 2012
Reading
“The perfect pre-concert place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

They understand why you are eating early in this place. They know what concert is on and you get attentive, timely and yet unhurried service. The menu is always excellent, plenty of choices, beautifully prepared and served. Always need to book as it's so popular. Highly recommended.

Visited October 2012
London, United Kingdom
“All a bit average, really”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012 via mobile

Food options for the prim fixe pre-theatre supper are, on first glance, surprisingly good and rather wide-ranging. However, the dishes were in reality of variable quality. My partner's starter of duck salad had so few pieces of duck in to make the description of the dish almost misleading. My game terrine, on the other hand, was pleasant to look at, had a great consistency and tasted just like a game terrine ought, so no complaints there. Also, the sea trout I had for my main course and the pork loin my partner had were nice enough and cooked well, but they lacked a certain taste or "uplift", essentially good home cooking, nothing special. Deserts were of the shop bought variety, with my treacle tart looking and tasting like it had come out of a packet from Sainsbury's. Service was of the friendly but rather nervous and unprofessional variety, with waiters leaning over diners, tripping over each other due to lack of coordination or set duties. Not helped by the cramped setting and far too many tables...we were essentially sharing a table with the couple next to us. Not a terrible restaurant but overpriced and lacking any flair whatsoever. I think a chain restaurant would have provided just as good food for a fraction of the price and there are so many other top-notch restaurants nearby if one really wants to dine out in style.