“Absolutely misleading pictures at hotel website” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Shaftesbury Premier Hotel London Paddington

Save Saved
You added Shaftesbury Premier Hotel London Paddington to your Saves list
Shaftesbury Premier Hotel London Paddington
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   55 Westbourne Terrace, Paddington, London W2 3UY, England (Bayswater / Notting Hill / Lancaster Gate )   |
Ranked #562 of 1,054 Hotels in London
Kuala Lumpur
“Absolutely misleading pictures at hotel website”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Someone should sue this hotel for false advertising. Stayed one night as I was on transit to visit a friend in London. I was so taken in by their web site photos that I initially thought I had a good quality room for £114. I was stunned by the sheer small size of the room when I checked in on 8 Nov. There was hardly walking space after I placed my suitcase down and I couldnt pull the chair out to sit at the writing table. This room was at the basement and the window was looking out to the ground outside.

The room fittings were however ok and the bedsheets were clean but the phone and TV didnt work properly. The only thing I was thankful for was that it was close to the Paddington Heathrow Express and that I was able to sleep through the night. I would have stayed elsewhere eg Holiday Inn Express if I had been aware of the unscrupulous tactics of the hotel operator.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Swapnil W, Manager at Shaftesbury Premier Hotel London Paddington, responded to this review, November 22, 2012
Dear Cyloh,

I am surprised to read the review and we apologise for the inconvenience caused.

This is to inform you that we need to investigate this matter and i would personally like to speak to you if you could call the hotel directly.

I have already forwarded this complaint to my senior management, However we need to dig deep and would need your full cooperation in order to rectify our shortcomings so it is not repeated in future.

Swapnil Waghe.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
  • Polish first
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

I stayed at this hotel a couple of times and now I'm finally writing a review.
The location is perfect and very central. The bedrooms are beautiful and clean. The microwave makes things easy for those days we are very tired and just want to have a quick dinner in the bedroom.
The hot breakfast is great! And the service too.
I recommended this hotel to a couple of friends and all of them loved. In one occasion I had friends staying there for their honeymoon and I called the hotel and asked for a courtesy for them, to make their stay more pleasant and my friend told me that she loved the surprise they prepared for them. I think they prepared some decoration and also gave them a honeymoon gift.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Dear Maria,

Thank you very much for your wonderful review and for sharing your experience with Tripadvisor.

The most important of all is to know that you also enjoyed your stay.

It is wonderful to read that you enjoyed the facilities at the hotel and every bit of it.
Please do come back to us soon again and we will be delighted to welcome you back.

With warmest regards

Swapnil Waghe
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

Stayed at this Hotel with my wife for one night and the rooms are tiny (room 005 on the ground floor). When we arrived we had to pay an extra £20 to park my car in there car park.
In the room, You can only walk one step into the bathroom and that is it. No room to turn around and back yourself out. The heating in the bathroom was great, the heating in the room not so great, Could not get the room warm. They give you broadband connection in your room and wifi in the public area's of this hotel free of charge.
The Room overall was tidy but the cleaners do not check everywhere as behind the desk was filthy and found someone else's rubbish behind this.
And Breakfast is charged at an extra £12 per person. So with these extra cost's a cheper hotel in London can soon add up.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Darren,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on tripadvisor and we apologise for the inconvenience caused.

I totally understand your query in regards to the room size as we have different categories of rooms and upgrade is available on request.

I have noted all your points mentioned and would definitely brief the concern departments.

With warmest regards,

Perth, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

This hotel has great service and the breakfast was good. We got a very tiny room at first but they upgraded us to a bigger room with no exstra charge. The only ting we did not like was the traffic noise.

Room Tip: Ask to get a room away from the main road and also ask to get a bigger room.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the wonderful review and I am most grateful for your feedback, which is such a valuable source of information for me, regardless of whether it is good or bad, and helps me monitor the service we provide.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and that you were so impressed with the service you received from my whole team.

Once again, many thanks for your review, and I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Shaftesbury Premier London Paddington.

Jersey City, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Location is great, few mins walk from Paddington station.
Taxi is easy to get as well as other public transportations.

My room was not cleaned properly, still had someone else's rubbish in the bathroom :(
called the front desk, someone came and got trash out but the whole cleaning process is very questionable.
Clerk said he'll let the manager know about the problem but never heard from the manager.

Room is very small., I used double room by myself, still no place to work.
But internet is free.

Breakfast is good/decent but service is simply 'rude'.
Service ladies designate seats for you so they don't do much work.
If you seat somewhere they don't want, they come and express themselves very clearly until you move!
Coffee, not good. I think they reuse coffee...

I left my mobile charger so email them if they found it in my room, still no words from them.

It's a ok place if you have quick business in London and you want to get in and out from Heathrow quickly.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for the feedback given to us whether good or bad it always helps us to improve our standards.

Thank you for the good comments on location.

We have noted your points raised and will be given a serious consideration.
Thank you once again for the feedback and we hope to serve you once again in future.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

Firstly id like to say the hotel is in a brilliant location, but thats the only good thing to say about this over priced dirty hotel....
We saw the hotel rooms online and thought it was lovely... but they were only pictures,when we arrived we were charged yet another 30 pound for breakfast we already thought was in price,then we went to our tiny room,it was so tiny u couldnt swing a cat in their and the bathroom had blood splatters all over the seat also some brown stuff on walls, dont have to tell u what it was,also when.we got in to bed there were blood splatters on bedding(discusting) we complained and it was delt with, we had no more problems till breakfast the next morning we pre booked our breakfast , to which we were waitin an hour and a half as night staff didnt pass message on, when we finally got our breakfast it was stoned cold just like my thoughts of this over priced sad excuse for a hotel, what an insult to london the owners should be ashamed....

• Stayed November 2012
SharathShetty, Duty Manager at Shaftesbury Premier Hotel London Paddington, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying and reviewing us.

I am extremely shocked to experience you had in our hotel as the records that I have with me contradicts and I assumed on your departure that your stay was satisfactory.
You initially complained about the blood stains in the toilet, which was dealt by my housekeeper. We were not informed about any brown stuff’s in the room. I have checked room 308 myself and couldn’t find it either.
Breakfast was informed and charged to you at £24.00. You agreed to this and pre-booked it in advance as well. You called up reception at half past eight in the morning and my colleague delivered all the items by 10 minutes to nine. This was because, when your breakfast was delivered, you asked for coffee, then Tea, then Ketchup and then milk. Your orders came in part and were delivered in no time. On departure you paid for the room service and appreciated my colleague for his service. Here as well, I assumed our service was up to your expectation.

I am really sorry to know that you expected more from us and we were unable to deliver. I really regret not asking you in details on your stay at departure.
Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Shetty
Cardiff, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012 via mobile

My single room was small but perfectly adequate and kind of cosy. It was clean but the yellowed, slightly torn net curtains were a bit of a turn off. The reception area is a bit shambolic but once into the main body of the hotel it is perfectly fine. The breakfast was good and the location perfect for paddington station. Whilst this part of London is not one of the best, it does offer something which approaches value for money- a concept quite alien in London.

I would really not recommend this hotel to older travellers. As has been remarked by other reviews, as soon as I opened the room door there were three steps - a fact I sometimes forgot during my stay. I am sure there must have been numerous accidents over the years. I would have hated to have taken my elderly mum as this would have been a recipe for disaster.

• Stayed October 2012
Swapnil W, Manager at Shaftesbury Premier Hotel London Paddington, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Dear Nigel,

Thank you for your recent review, Your comments on the room regarding steps are valid as we are aware of those rooms having steps and all the rooms has signs on the doors.

Thank you for the good comments on breakfast and the location.

I have noted your points raised and would definitely give them a serious consideration in order to improve and pass on to the relevant department to act on it.

We look to welcome you back to our hotel in future.

Swapnil Waghe

Been to Shaftesbury Premier Hotel London Paddington? Share your experiences!