“Small Rooms” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Shaftesbury Premier Hotel London Paddington

Save Saved
You added Shaftesbury Premier Hotel London Paddington to your Saves list
Shaftesbury Premier Hotel London Paddington
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   55 Westbourne Terrace, Paddington, London W2 3UY, England (Bayswater / Notting Hill / Lancaster Gate )   |
Ranked #562 of 1,054 Hotels in London
London, United Kingdom
“Small Rooms”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

Stayed at this Hotel with my wife for one night and the rooms are tiny (room 005 on the ground floor). When we arrived we had to pay an extra £20 to park my car in there car park.
In the room, You can only walk one step into the bathroom and that is it. No room to turn around and back yourself out. The heating in the bathroom was great, the heating in the room not so great, Could not get the room warm. They give you broadband connection in your room and wifi in the public area's of this hotel free of charge.
The Room overall was tidy but the cleaners do not check everywhere as behind the desk was filthy and found someone else's rubbish behind this.
And Breakfast is charged at an extra £12 per person. So with these extra cost's a cheper hotel in London can soon add up.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Swapnil W, Manager at Shaftesbury Premier Hotel London Paddington, responded to this review, November 22, 2012
Dear Darren,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on tripadvisor and we apologise for the inconvenience caused.

I totally understand your query in regards to the room size as we have different categories of rooms and upgrade is available on request.

I have noted all your points mentioned and would definitely brief the concern departments.

Please do come back to us soon again and we will be delighted to welcome you back.

With warmest regards,

Swapnil Waghe.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
  • Polish first
Perth, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

This hotel has great service and the breakfast was good. We got a very tiny room at first but they upgraded us to a bigger room with no exstra charge. The only ting we did not like was the traffic noise.

Room Tip: Ask to get a room away from the main road and also ask to get a bigger room.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the wonderful review and I am most grateful for your feedback, which is such a valuable source of information for me, regardless of whether it is good or bad, and helps me monitor the service we provide.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and that you were so impressed with the service you received from my whole team.

Once again, many thanks for your review, and I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Shaftesbury Premier London Paddington.

Jersey City, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Location is great, few mins walk from Paddington station.
Taxi is easy to get as well as other public transportations.

My room was not cleaned properly, still had someone else's rubbish in the bathroom :(
called the front desk, someone came and got trash out but the whole cleaning process is very questionable.
Clerk said he'll let the manager know about the problem but never heard from the manager.

Room is very small., I used double room by myself, still no place to work.
But internet is free.

Breakfast is good/decent but service is simply 'rude'.
Service ladies designate seats for you so they don't do much work.
If you seat somewhere they don't want, they come and express themselves very clearly until you move!
Coffee, not good. I think they reuse coffee...

I left my mobile charger so email them if they found it in my room, still no words from them.

It's a ok place if you have quick business in London and you want to get in and out from Heathrow quickly.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for the feedback given to us whether good or bad it always helps us to improve our standards.

Thank you for the good comments on location.

We have noted your points raised and will be given a serious consideration.
Thank you once again for the feedback and we hope to serve you once again in future.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

Firstly id like to say the hotel is in a brilliant location, but thats the only good thing to say about this over priced dirty hotel....
We saw the hotel rooms online and thought it was lovely... but they were only pictures,when we arrived we were charged yet another 30 pound for breakfast we already thought was in price,then we went to our tiny room,it was so tiny u couldnt swing a cat in their and the bathroom had blood splatters all over the seat also some brown stuff on walls, dont have to tell u what it was,also when.we got in to bed there were blood splatters on bedding(discusting) we complained and it was delt with, we had no more problems till breakfast the next morning we pre booked our breakfast , to which we were waitin an hour and a half as night staff didnt pass message on, when we finally got our breakfast it was stoned cold just like my thoughts of this over priced sad excuse for a hotel, what an insult to london the owners should be ashamed....

• Stayed November 2012
SharathShetty, Duty Manager at Shaftesbury Premier Hotel London Paddington, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying and reviewing us.

I am extremely shocked to experience you had in our hotel as the records that I have with me contradicts and I assumed on your departure that your stay was satisfactory.
You initially complained about the blood stains in the toilet, which was dealt by my housekeeper. We were not informed about any brown stuff’s in the room. I have checked room 308 myself and couldn’t find it either.
Breakfast was informed and charged to you at £24.00. You agreed to this and pre-booked it in advance as well. You called up reception at half past eight in the morning and my colleague delivered all the items by 10 minutes to nine. This was because, when your breakfast was delivered, you asked for coffee, then Tea, then Ketchup and then milk. Your orders came in part and were delivered in no time. On departure you paid for the room service and appreciated my colleague for his service. Here as well, I assumed our service was up to your expectation.

I am really sorry to know that you expected more from us and we were unable to deliver. I really regret not asking you in details on your stay at departure.
Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Shetty
Cardiff, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012 via mobile

My single room was small but perfectly adequate and kind of cosy. It was clean but the yellowed, slightly torn net curtains were a bit of a turn off. The reception area is a bit shambolic but once into the main body of the hotel it is perfectly fine. The breakfast was good and the location perfect for paddington station. Whilst this part of London is not one of the best, it does offer something which approaches value for money- a concept quite alien in London.

I would really not recommend this hotel to older travellers. As has been remarked by other reviews, as soon as I opened the room door there were three steps - a fact I sometimes forgot during my stay. I am sure there must have been numerous accidents over the years. I would have hated to have taken my elderly mum as this would have been a recipe for disaster.

• Stayed October 2012
Swapnil W, Manager at Shaftesbury Premier Hotel London Paddington, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Dear Nigel,

Thank you for your recent review, Your comments on the room regarding steps are valid as we are aware of those rooms having steps and all the rooms has signs on the doors.

Thank you for the good comments on breakfast and the location.

I have noted your points raised and would definitely give them a serious consideration in order to improve and pass on to the relevant department to act on it.

We look to welcome you back to our hotel in future.

Cardiff, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012 via mobile

If you book this don't expect to stay here. Booked because of close proximity to Paddington and the location of a training course. Arrived at about 6pm on a dark rainy evening. It's a 5 minute walk from Paddington and easy to find. After registering two rooms and providing a credit card we were told the hotel was being renovated and that we would have to move to a sister hotel nearby. This seems to be a common story at this hotel. Someone should explain to them that it's bad business. Fortunately the alternative hotel was of similar standard and not far away, I submitted a separate and positive review for that hotel - the confusingly named Shaftsbury Hyde Park Premier Paddington. Strangely the second hotel was unable to issue an invoice. We were referred back to the first hotel - the one we didn't stay at!

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Adrian,

Thank you for your recent review, I apologise for the inconvenience regarding the reallocation has caused and thank you very much for bringing it to my attention.

I will definitely be investigating and looking into the issue further to ensure this does not happen to you or future guests again.

Best regards,

1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

The hotel was booked for me for a business trip. I arrived quite late, eager to rest before an early morning meeting. After waiting for 30 minutes for the lady before me to be attended, I was told rooms are "out of order" and I will be moved to another location. The answer to "where" was: we are searching. After 2 hours and many other guests arriving with the same treatment I was finally given a hotel half an hour drive away. Very unprofessional.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Shaftesbury Premier London Paddington. We aim to consistently provide a service with excellence and therefore your thoughts and suggestions are always welcome.

We are committed to provide a satisfactory service on all occasions, but inevitably in spite of our best efforts, at times we fail to do so.

We are embarrassed and most of all deeply sorry for not being able to accommodate you in the property you booked originally. We do realise how inconvenient it must have been for you to go through this unpleasant situation at an odd hour.

I would like to speak to you if you could please call me on 0207 723 3434 and I would be happy to assist you.

Swapnil Waghe

Been to Shaftesbury Premier Hotel London Paddington? Share your experiences!