“Close to Paddington with good priced rooms” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Shaftesbury Premier Hotel London Paddington

You added Shaftesbury Premier Hotel London Paddington to your Saves list
Shaftesbury Premier Hotel London Paddington
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   55 Westbourne Terrace, Paddington, London W2 3UY, England (Bayswater / Notting Hill / Lancaster Gate )   |
Ranked #579 of 1,065 Hotels in London
Middle England
“Close to Paddington with good priced rooms”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

Booked via last minute on their mystery hotel and got two rooms for £136 each. Not expecting much but ended up with two decent double rooms. Set back from main road so hotel was quiet - service was efficient and had no complaints. Bathroom at last was a good size with a bath! Like most hotels around here room was up, down, around stairs etc but not an issue. Would stay again here

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
SharathShetty, Duty Manager at Shaftesbury Premier Hotel London Paddington, responded to this review, October 20, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for the wonderful comments here on Trip Advisor.
Its indeed a pleasure to know that our guests are happy staying with us. My team is thrilled to read you comments.
Hope to see you soon and thank you once again.

Kind Regards,
Shetty

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
  • Polish first
Morris NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

FIrst let me say that I booked a superior single for the rate of 120US. It was in fact the smallest room I have ever stayed in but here are the pluses that could definitely outweigh the size. Room is a 2 minute walk from Paddington. Rate of 120 was great. Staff was terrific-checked me in early and could not have been nicer! Small inexpensive room. I would stay there again. Lots of food choices close by.

Room Tip: Had a room facing Westbourne-pretty quiet actually. Front desk people are good. If you need a cab...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Swapnil W, Manager at Shaftesbury Premier Hotel London Paddington, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Dear Morris,

Thank you for your good comments and I am delighted to see that you enjoyed every bit of it.

I will definitely pass on your comments to my staff and they will be very happy to read it.

I completely understand that single rooms are pretty small, however as you must be aware that due to victorian buildings we cannot do any changes but we would love to do in future.

warm regards

Florence, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

I booked a club room,i arrived before check in timebut my room was ready-which was great after a long travel night.the room was very clean,well equipped and bed very comfortable.Breakfast was included and it was pretty good.id stay here again. The staff from day one was very friendly and halpful.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Florence,

Thank you for your good comments about the hotel and staff.

I sincerely hope that you will return to Shaftesbury Premier London Paddington and to make sure that from a great experience your next stay with us is your greatest experience.

Warm regards,

Montreal, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

My room was in the basement...yes, there is a basement floor, beneath the ground level! In NO WAY is this a 4-star hotel - I would say 2* at best. The room was extremely small - fine, I suppose that is acceptable in London. There is NO WiFi accessible in ANY rooms, apparently - definitely not in mine, although I was clearly deceptively offered FREE WiFi when I booked, I was naive enough not to realize that this would be only in public areas. I will not come here again. Not recommended for business travelers. Location is fine, near Paddington station.

Room Tip: If they offer you an 800 level room, and they tell you to push 'B' in the elevator, you will...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Swapnil W, Manager at Shaftesbury Premier Hotel London Paddington, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Dear Paolo,

This is to inform you that free Wi-Fi is only available on Lobby level and in our Club lounge
In the room there is a broadband connection which is free of cost.

This is the first complaint we have received in regards to false advertising, as it clearly says on all our websites that free Wi-Fi connection is only available in lobby area and club lounge.

We do apologize for the size of the room as I would personally advise you to book one of our club rooms and I can assure you that you won't have any complaints.

With many thanks and warm regards

Leeds
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

Clean and nice enough although the room was one of the smallest I have ever stayed in. Barely space to lay two large suitcases on the floor. Good aircon (quiet) and smart flat screen TV. Bathroom smart, just a shower, but ok for us. We were on the 4th floor so a decent night's sleep. Great location for Paddington station and its Heathrow links. Hotel amenities generally lacking but didn't bother us as we rarely use anyway.

Breakfast was surprisingly good with a nice selection of hot and cold items. Only half of the toaster seemed to be working though so took an age to get anything toasted with just two slots for the whole hotel! Got chastised by the waitress for daring to take some milk of an emoty table to top our us.

Was £90 for the double including breakfast which seems reasonable as far as London rates go.

There are a lot of dross hotels in London charging more so overall I would recommend this place.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Swapnil W, Manager at Shaftesbury Premier Hotel London Paddington, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your wonderful review and for the descritption of your stay.

Thank you for your good comments about the location and the Hotel.

Warm regards,

Moscow, Moscow City, Russia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

Very convenient location. 5 minutes from Paddington Railway station and Underground, 7-10 minutes from Hyde Park. We've got family room, it was clean and comfortable, but very small.
Sometimes we felt a smell of canalization, but nothing critical. Breakfasts not include in price of the room.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Swapnil W, Manager at Shaftesbury Premier Hotel London Paddington, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Dear Kostia,

Thank you very much for your amazing review and It was a great pleasure to have you as our valuable guest.

The team are commited to assist you in every way they can and there will always be one of us at hand to ensure all your questions are answered and your needs taken care of.

I thank you once again for your wonderful review and I very much hope to see you back at Shaftesbury Premier London Paddington very soon.

Warm Regards,

Newcastle, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

I was staying at the Shaftesbury Premier Paddington for two days for business and it suited my needs perfectly. Working in Knightsbridge, it was a quick 25-30min walk through Hyde park in the morning and being 5 mins from Paddington, was perfectly placed for going further afield.

I was concerned by previous reviews of the hotel, but many of the criticisms were unfounded. Staff were friendly and rooms were very well equipped (bathroom in particular). I booked late so to keep costs down stayed in a Deluxe Single (room 506) and while it was quite small, it was perfectly adequate for single occupancy.

Breakfasts in the morning were nice and the staff very attentive.
Wired internet in the rooms was excellent.

Room Tip: Single glazing mean rooms to the front of the building are subject to some road noise. Not enough to...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Swapnil W, Manager at Shaftesbury Premier Hotel London Paddington, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Dear Matt,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on trip advisor as we are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us.

The team are commited to assist you in every possible way and thank you for your kind comments.

Thank you for your good comments on the room, breakfast and Wi-Fi

With many thanks and warm regards

Swapnil Waghe

Been to Shaftesbury Premier Hotel London Paddington? Share your experiences!