“what a find” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Barrafina

Barrafina
54 Frith Street | Soho, London W1D 4SL, England (Soho)
+44 20 7813 8016
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #57 of 18,030 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Spanish, Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Soho
Description: Barrafina is an authentic Spanish tapas bar located in London's Soho. It serves a traditional but contemporary, regional a la carte menu and there is a daily blackboard of specials, created by Executive Head Chef, Barragan Mohacho. Barrafina operates a first come first serve queuing system, and does not take reservations for their 23 stools. However, part of the fun of dining there is eating little bites and sipping on something delicious while making the line. The kitchen is open and guests are close to all the action and drama while their food is prepared.
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“what a find”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

Couldn't decide to go to this restaurant or The Ivy. We chose Barrafina and boy were we glad we did. It was amazing. The staff were great and the food fabulous. The Spanish omelette was yummy but the lamb was even better. Had prawns, pan con tomato, chorizo, squid and other tasty food. The only disappointing was that they had run out of crema catalana. Most disappointing. However, the young lady behind the bar had a word with someone and the made me one 'specially for me'! Just when you think you will never eat again then they put a crema catalana in front of you. How wrong I was. It was delicious. Service great. Food fab and will definitely be going again and again and again. 10 out of 10

• Visited July 2013

“Pricey but good”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

For a tapas restaurant, Barrafine can cause some damage to your wallet but the food is very well prepared and the seafood is always fresh. It always has a long queue. We waited for 45min for 2 seats at the bar. They're so busy but they still ensure every customer is attended to. Overall a good experience.

Visited July 2013
“Best meal ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

I have visited Barrafina many times since the location is very convenient for me and the food just delicious. Lovely sea food, always fresh and cooked right in front of you. Definitely my favorite restaurant in London.

“As Always Superb”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

I am a regular customer at Barrafina, so its about time I think I put a review on it. Every time I come, the food and atmosphere is amazing. This place is my favourite for real Spanish food in London and I have been to nearly all of them. I do not think you will get a better place where you are able to see your food being prepped and cooked in front of you. If you love good quality food you must visit. Little advise you may have to wait in line as Barrafina is always packed.

UK
“Amazing night in Barrafina”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

What a fabulous meal my husband and I had in Barrafina. Yes, you'll need to queue for a seat but remember this, it's completely worth it and not to be missed. Amazing atmosphere and super quality dishes, in particular the seafood. Staff really helpful with recommendations and great service. Next time I'm in London, I'll definitely be in the queue for Barrafina.