“Best meal ever” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Barrafina

Barrafina
54 Frith Street | Soho, London W1D 4SL, England (Soho)
+44 20 7813 8016
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #97 of 18,272 Restaurants in London
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
Neighborhood: Soho
Description: Barrafina is an authentic Spanish tapas bar located in London's Soho. It serves a traditional but contemporary, regional a la carte menu and there is a daily blackboard of specials, created by Executive Head Chef, Barragan Mohacho. Barrafina operates a first come first serve queuing system, and does not take reservations for their 23 stools. However, part of the fun of dining there is eating little bites and sipping on something delicious while making the line. The kitchen is open and guests are close to all the action and drama while their food is prepared.
London, United Kingdom
“Best meal ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

I have visited Barrafina many times since the location is very convenient for me and the food just delicious. Lovely sea food, always fresh and cooked right in front of you. Definitely my favorite restaurant in London.

• Greek first
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
“As Always Superb”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

I am a regular customer at Barrafina, so its about time I think I put a review on it. Every time I come, the food and atmosphere is amazing. This place is my favourite for real Spanish food in London and I have been to nearly all of them. I do not think you will get a better place where you are able to see your food being prepped and cooked in front of you. If you love good quality food you must visit. Little advise you may have to wait in line as Barrafina is always packed.

UK
“Amazing night in Barrafina”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

What a fabulous meal my husband and I had in Barrafina. Yes, you'll need to queue for a seat but remember this, it's completely worth it and not to be missed. Amazing atmosphere and super quality dishes, in particular the seafood. Staff really helpful with recommendations and great service. Next time I'm in London, I'll definitely be in the queue for Barrafina.

Hatfield, United Kingdom
“Superb”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

This was our 2nd visit to this restaurant. We didn't hold out much hope of getting in at 7.30pm on a Saturday night. On arriving we were told the wait would be approximately an hour - and it was. The food and service as usual was superb. Simply cannot fault this restaurant. It deserves it's place as the best tapas restaurant in London.

edinburgh
“Great food and lively atmosphere.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

I visited Barrafina last Thursday evening and had to wait but even waiting was fun as there was a lively atmosphere and we were able to have a glass of wine and tapas. We were warned about the wait so no complaints there. Once we were seated there was no pressure despite being busy and the staff were friendly and happy to let us choose at our leisure. The quality of food and wine was superb and well worth the wait. There is a mandatory service charge which for me is the only let down.