“Nice dinner” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Giotto Italian Restaurant

Giotto Italian Restaurant
52-54 New Oxford St, London WC1A 1ES, England (Holborn)
+44 20 7323 0891
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Giotto Italian Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4,790 of 17,879 Restaurants in London
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Holborn
Description: Italian Restaurant near British Museum near Shaftesbury Theatre and Tottenham court road.
Herkenbosch, The Netherlands
“Nice dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

Small but good restaurant had my favourite Italian dish, and a lovely dessert. Good service, The pianist was a nice touch!

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Southlake, Texas
“Very good Italian restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

This restaurant has a nice, but slightly crowded, sidewalk dining area. We've had dinner there three times, twice outside and once inside. Their Pollo Con Fungi was the best I've ever had and although we're not much on desserts, their creme brulee was outstanding and big enough to split between two people.

Their service was friendly and efficient and our meals were consistently good. We didn't try their fixed price specials although many diners around us were ordering them. Their outside dining area is a great spot for 'people watching' too.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Lovely little Italian restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

Had a warm welcome to the restaurant. Great choice of all my favourite Italian dishes. The pianist was a nice touch!

Visited June 2014
Mountain View, CA
“Pleasant atmosphere, food lacking”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

Giotto's offers a fixed price menu of a small mixed salad, any pasta or pizza, and a small glass of wine--which sounds like a can't-miss offer.

But it can miss.

The "baked lasagna" was a soupy casserole of bits of narrow green noodles (not wide lasagna noodles), floating in flavorless chopped beef. The red wine was too sweet to drink with food. The salad was good, only the arugula looked a bit limp in late evening.

Brighton
“Wish I'd found this place earlier”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

We chose this restaurant as it is close to The Dominion theatre - only three minutes walk away. My only complaint is that I wish I'd found it earlier. We've been to The Dominion many, many times over the last few years and always struggled to find a really good restaurant very close by. Plenty of "chains" but very few GOOD independents.
This time we were staying nearby too and took the time to walk towards the theatre in the afternoon and try and find somewhere different. Any boy did we get a "find". We were meeting up with my son and his partner later and then going on to the show so booked a table for 5:15. Hardly anyone in there when we arrived, but it soon filled up.
We all chose different starters - pate, minestrone soup, mussels and melon with parma ham. All were equally as delicious, but I would have preferred some sort of chutney with my pate, but I guess that's not very Italian.
For main course we had salmon in prawns, cream and garlic sauce - HEAVEN, pizza and sirloin steak in peppercorn sauce. Not much left on the plates I can tell you - it was all delicious.
Puddings - oh where to start. I had creme brulee - very rich and creamy, my son had home made tiramasu - delicious.
All this was washed down with a bottle of house white - very nice and finished off with coffees, liqueurs and brandy.
The service was excellent and the two waitresses who looked after us were funny and entertaining. A nice touch was the pianist tinkling away on the ivories.
A lovely meal and all four of us thoroughly enjoyed it. With pre-meal drinks the whole bill came to only £140. Can't complain about that.

• Visited May 2014