“Love Steak? French Feel? This is it!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Pere Michel

Pere Michel
11 Bathurst St, London W2 2SD, England (Bayswater / Notting Hill / Lancaster Gate )
(020)-7723-5431
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #2,238 of 17,997 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Bayswater / Notting Hill / Lancaster Gate
london
“Love Steak? French Feel? This is it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2011

After visiting here 4 times now i feel obliged to write a review and let you know how yummy the food is...!

The restaurant is hidden at the back of Lancaster Gate and Paddington along a row of other restaurants and a couple of shops. Decor is old fashioned and french which adds to the atmosphere of being in a little Parisian side street.

I always skip starters (Steak is filling enough) but they do look good...
I have had the steak and grilled fish here but the succelent steak and pepper sauce here is to keel over for!. Sublime.

Staff are always freindly and never really had to wait for service unlike some of the chain restaurants.

The restaurant tends to get busy in the evenings from around 8pm so get there early or book (if you can?).

Father Micheal....Ill see you soon!.

PS: The window seats are great to watch the world go by!

• Visited December 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

uk
“Sensational food, Amazing experience, Great Atmosphere 8 years in a raw”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2011

For 8 years we have had our Christmas party at the French Pere Michel restaurant in London. The food is amazing, fresh and great. I have tried the Lamb, Fish and Chicken dishes at this place and you cannot complain. I am always impressed with the starters, I have tried the fish soup and crap pastry, they never fail to amuse me, and the taste is great.

The desert Caramel Creme Brulee and Chocolate Moose are amazing.

The food is amazing every year because the same chef cooks the food at this restaurant for many many years.

I would recommend anyone to go to this restaurant, you will not be let down.

• Visited December 2011
Toronto, Canada
“Best filet ever, excellent ambiance & service, went 3 times in one trip!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2011

We found Pere Michel on a recent trip to London; sat outside on a lovely evening and were treated to one of the best meals. The owner was attentive and helpful but not bothersome. The waitress provided excellent service and the food, from the escargot to the best Angus filet in green peppercorn sauce I've ever had. Went back for lunch twice on my own for the French onion soup which was excellent as was the prawn salad. Wine list was well chosen. A favorite with locals we gathered as well; better priced, food and ambiance than the resto across the street that I had dined at a couple of years ago and had been disappointed on several fronts.

• Visited August 2011
“Food is just OK”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2011 via mobile

I am sitting here writing the review. Aubergine as a starter, bland in taste. The chicken dish( a house special) was dry and tough. Only three tables full. I wonder why? This is my third visit here and the standard is going South. Could be so good. Staff excellent front of house. Lovely location. Shame.....

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Swindon, United Kingdom
“Underwhelming food - Overwhelming Maitre d' !”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2010

My wife and I, and another couple, went one warm Saturday evening in late June, hoping for an authentic and relaxing experience. What we got was pretty bland food, and a very irritating waiter/Maitre d'. The food was very disappointing. My wife has a passion for good French Onion Soup, but it was awful. It was like dishwater with a piece of soggy bread floating on the top. For a French restaurant to produce French Onion Soup that bad is unforgivable. The mains were equally poor. The service was truly dreadful! OK, the food arrived reasonably efficiently, but the Maitre d' just would not shut up! We were treated to a constant barrage of his "witty" comments, and he actually interrupted our conversation, on several occasions, to add what he thought were "amusing" observations. If we'd wanted a fifth dinner guest we'd have invited one!
Overall we didn't enjoy the experience at all.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere