“Great pub in London” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Moscow, Russia
“Great pub in London”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

We stopped by here before an Arsenal game. The pub is just minutes away from the stadium. The burgers were grilled outside and served. A great place before the game. Also, after the game, the dinners could be booked

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

60% Recommend
“Slow service, cold food when it arrived”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013 via mobile

A busy night in the pub, so service was slow, but no excuse for cold food, burgers and chips were stone cold. Other plates were warmer, but nothing to write home about, not much flavour.

Visited October 2013
Leeds
“Good food in pleasant surroundings”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

Been visiting the Duchess for several years now while staying with family nearby. We usually go for a meal on quiz night before doing the quiz. Service has always been very good and the staff friendly even when we've been without the family who are regulars. The food has always been very good although recently I don't feel it's to the standard it was a couple of years ago. There always seems to be quite a good selection with specials up on a board. There seems to be a good bar selection also of beers, wine's and spirits. The price of drinks although not cheap are average London prices but the I feel the food is a but over priced - central London prices.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Terrible staff experience”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

I took the wife and kid out for a meal here the other week expecting a nice relaxing time and thanks to one member of staff it was far from it, we thought we'll have a drink at the bar before getting a table (big mistake) we could hear the bar lady having a conversation (the fat one with long hair) talking about her night out taking all sorts of illegal activity and when I said my son don't need to hear this she got so rude we walked out!

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
kent
“Hidden Gem”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

My partner and I found this wonderful hidden gem after doing a diversion to avoid the queue at the tube and I am so pleased we did. It is a gorgeous little pub with a small bar and restaurant area. I had the cod which was melt in the mouth and my Partner had the lobster, it was a wait for the lobster, but my partner said it was worth the wait. The only minor criticism is that no bowl was supplied to put the finished eating lobster in. With wonderful and attentive staff this pub is a must visit.

• Visited August 2013