“Nice Turkish in Central London” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ishtar

Ishtar
10-12 Crawford St, London W1U 6AZ, England (Marylebone)
+44 20 72242446
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Marylebone
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
“Nice Turkish in Central London”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

Went to Ishtar last night. Was by complete chance we drove past and thought we would try it. We have never really tried Turkish restaurants in central London as we tend to go to Green Lanes.

This was a nice find. The food was actually really good. I had a main, my friend two starters. The main was great, really tasty.

The starters were ok too. The bread first time around was really nice, light fluffy and warm. The last lot was slightly overdone and crispy which meant my friend didn't finish the starter.

The waiting staff were polite, but as it was late not as attentive as maybe i would have liked. But I was really impressed with Sarhad.

I think he is the manager. We watched the way he dealt with a customer who wanted to bring her dog into the restaurant. He kept her happy, was attentive and gave her great customer service. He touched the dog, so both my friend and I watched him to see whether he continued serving or washed his hands. He used a sanitiser and thoroughly cleaned his hands. So for me this was the highlight as hygiene is very very important to me.

I have given Ishtar 4 stars as I think our own personal experience could have been slightly better, but the main was really good, hygiene top notch and Sarhad a pleasure to talk to. So I am sure we will be going back.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

London, United Kingdom
“Praising a member of staff at Ishtar”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

We had a lovely dinner ,great starters, amazing dishes. We would like to praise Adrienn for making our dinner lovelier and comfortable with her professional service, beautiful smile, courteous hospitality and how compassionate she is about her job- you have a 5 star service. It is very rare to see such staff in London and to make you feel welcome. She deserves all the best in her career path. Thank you lovely Adrienn even my children loved you for being yourself:)
Jwan and family

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Nice place with a great potential.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014 via mobile

Been two for dinner. Went down stirs. Live Turkish mini band. Belly dancer. Basic sitting could be much better with transformation. Good space. The service is good. The quality of food is good. Good at tension to any concern. Very friendly staff. I believe that this place has got the potential for a great Turkish night out. A lot more needed to redesign the space for the purpose

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Consistently excellent Turkish cuisine!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

I've been here several times now, most recently in early May 2014, and it has never disappointed. The service is fast and friendly and the atmosphere is pleasant. I recently went at lunchtime and had the excellent value two course lunch menu. I had a tasty dish consisting of grilled halloumi and a spicy sausage as a starter. For the main course I had grilled lamb kebabs which were excellent. I would highly recommend this restaurant and it is certainly one of the best Turkish restaurants I've been to in London.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
London
“A very reasonable restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014 via mobile

We have been going to Ishtar for many years. The food is fresh, nicely presented and lots of it. Very good value for money. The staff are very attentive and all of them including the managers are not afraid to "muck in". Two of you can have a really good meal wine for well under £80.00.

Visited April 2014