“Good food, Terrible service” 2 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #9,276 of 17,052 Restaurants in London
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Description: Bright and modern, Pizza Express South Woodford offers an exciting reinvention of Italian classics. A vibrant menu includes wholesome Romana-style pizzas with adventurous topping combinations, as well as fresh salads, an impressive range behind the bar and aromatic coffee blends. Family-friendly Pizza Express gives kids the chance to design their own pizzas.
London
“Good food, Terrible service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

I can't really complain about the food, it is reasonably priced, good for a fairly quick lunch or dinner. Since it has been refurbished, the actual restaurant looks much nicer however I have visited this restaurant a number of times and have had poor service almost every time. The last few time's I have been, the waiters/waitresses have been rude, taken ages to respond to requests. I asked someone at the till a question and he aggressively told me to 'WAIT!' as he filled out another order as I stood there feeling extremely awkward. Whilst I understand everyone has their good and bad days, without a doubt 90% of my visits have been negative service wise.

If you just want a meal which you know most people will enjoy and can put up with potentially rude stuff, then this place is fine. I'm quite happy going here when theres offers and discounts on, but its certainly not my first choice restaurant in the area

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

London, Canada
“Good quality food at reasonable prices!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

Seven friends met here for a catch three ordered pizza that were large with very thin bases which are far tastier than the thick stodgy ones you usually get at other outlets. Four ordered salads that were appetising and plentiful. The deserts served with coffee of your choice including decaf is a nice treat if you don't want a huge desert. Of course they also have large deserts if you want one. There is a nice choice of wine. The staff are busy but efficient. We also used the Orange meal deal and our bill including wine and the tip came to £18.30 per person. You can't go wrong can you?

Visited April 2013
“Appalling service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

Waiting staff had zero personality - not a single smile or word during the entire service. Shocking! Definitely will not be going back

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Good company”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

The food was good the service was good, however we were seated by a draft which spoilt the evening. Would I go again yes, however would make sure I got a better seat.

London, United Kingdom
“Nice evening meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

I went for a meal with my boyfriend on a Sunday evening, and although it was relatively busy, we were given a table fairly quickly. We had a set menu that we had an offer for from their website, as they generally always have some kind of offer available. It was for 3 courses at £12.50 so it was good value for money and there was a lot of choice on the main, although minimal choices for starter and dessert. However we did end up spending quite a bit on drinks as the drinks alone came to £20 for 2 soft drinks, 2 beers and 2 coffees.
Overall it was a pleasant experience and I would come back here as it is fairly local to us.

• Visited February 2013