“The first and the last time I visited” 1 of 5 stars

94 Lower Richmond Road, London SW15 1LL, England
+44 (0)20 8789 0869
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Blades Barbecue Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5,788 of 17,879 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
London, United Kingdom
“The first and the last time I visited”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

We had a 50% voucher for the food and thought why not trying something new. We had a warm welcome when we arrived. I was quiet surprised by how expensive it is.
We ordered the first bottle of wine, which was off. We said something and got another bottle. The owner (my guess) ask how they second bottle tasted, my answer was yes taste OK, but not was I expected from the wine served. From this point it all went down hill. He rudely said if I am not happy with the wine I can go across the road to Hudsons. He then refused to serve us the rest of the evening and the waiter who served us spoke so little English that it was hard to order our food and also got wrong side dishes. I will not go back even the food wasn't too bad. Very very rude service and we had to wait forever for food and bill and the restaurant was empty.

• Visited November 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

“EXCELLENT RESTAURANT”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

very good restaurant, excellent food prepared from very well trained chefs, excellent, attentive waiters. Prices are well matched for the quality of the food.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
London, England, United Kingdom
“Warm and cheerful, excellent food and drink, reasonable prices.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

I have been eating and drinking at Blades for nearly 20 years. It is warm, cheerful place with a great atmoshere nice staff, excellent food and drink. When he heard I had got engaged, Germano (the owner) gave us champagne on the house!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“a little treasure”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

I went to Blades on Saturday evening with 3 friends. We are the older generation and were treated like royalty. The food was great as was the atmosphere ,and with our tastecard very reasonable. Our waiters were Sameen and Edvardo who were very attentive, we even met the chef Lawrence who was great. Germano the owner also came and introduced himself we told him we had enjoyed the meal but the starters are to big. A great evening, food was excellent and the atmosphere and staff great.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Nice food, but a bit over-priced”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

We were a large party, and while the food was enjoyable it was quite pricy. But maybe that's just Putney prices!

• Visited September 2013