“Poor on all counts” 2 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
London
“Poor on all counts”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

Menu is large and seems unchanged for thirty years. Downstairs is so noisy, with flat-surface acoustics, so you can hear the conversation from three tables away, rather from your fellow tabled guests. Upstairs is quieter, despite the pianist playing Volare, etc. The food was disappointing. My liver was stringy and although ordered as "pink" was overlooked. My wife's sea bass was hard and flavourless. My starter of carpaccio of beef, had come straight out of the fridge. The plate was so cold it could barely be touched and the meet was dry and curling up at the edge. At £70 per head, with wine, it was poor value. I will not return

Visited April 2013

Switzerland
“Possibly the best veal chop ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

My wife and I ate here on a balmy summer evening. We sat upstairs, on the small terrace. It was an excellent setting. The rest of the seating, inside, looked very nice too - dark wood, white tablecloths, etc. Initially, the staff stood a little too close, waiting for us to order, or do something! However, as they got more busy, they were less obtrusive. Our starters were good but, my oh my, my veal chop with rosemary and (I think) honey was outstanding. A real first taste treat. Excellent. My wife had an equally excellent lamb ragu with pasta - some chunks of lamb along with the normal reduction. Pudding was OK. The wine list was interesting. We found a nice pino noir that was £40. Overall, we spent £112 with service charge. Very well worth it.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Gargunnock
“Personal service and an excellent menu; lovely location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

I very much enjoyed dinner here tonight with friends. It's in a cute wee lane in Hampstead, north London. There is a fine (and subtle) resident guitarist. At the table we had sea bass, flambeed lobster linguini and swordfish (my choice). There were also excellent fried courgette batons and a sumptuous Gavi di Gavi. Thanks, Nigel.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Ristorante Villa Bianca Hampstead - London”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

very first class restaurant with fantastic live music and singer.
very good food and service and atmosphere.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
london
“Wonderful food and excellent service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

Our friends from Devon recently spent a weekend in London and asked us to meet them for a meal and drinks.My husband booked Villa Bianca and we were not disappointed.The restaurant is beautiful,tucked away off Hampstead High St,The food and choices were very good,also the Amarone wine!!(we recommend) but most of all the service was excellent.We were looked after by a young man named Alessandro,he was polite,helpful and professional.We were totally relazed in this restaurant and could have stayed much longer sipping our lovely wine.
Thank you all at Villa Bianca for an excellent evening,we will return.Keep up the good work.

• Visited June 2013