“This restaurant may be on the downward slide” 2 of 5 stars

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Frantoio
397 King's Road, London SW10 0LR, England (Chelsea)
+44 (0)20 7352 4146
Improve this listing
Ranked #4,566 of 18,011 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: Chelsea
UK
“This restaurant may be on the downward slide”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

Where was the famed Italian welcoming warmth? Wherever it was, it was not in this corner of King's Road as the service could only be described as mechanical. Considering the prices the food was okay and possibly a bit more but definitely not at a level between good and great. For the amount charged it was NOT value for money. The waiting staff need to remember where their wages come from. If they were dependent on tips for their salary, starvation would soon be looming large. Overall unimpressed. The owners / managers need to get control, wake their staff up, get rid of the deadwood, then they may have a chance. Until this happens, we will not be returning.

• Visited April 2014

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Northants
“Mixed views”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

Food lovely - great pasta really tasty, but cheese total rip off small amount for 2 of us that cost £13!!
Service - waiters off hand and not friendly at all.
Shame because setting showed great promise and food really delivered in taste.
But 2 course lunch 2 pasta dishes and cheese with a glass of wine each costing £70 is not great value.

Visited February 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Now you see them now you don't”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

A lovely cosy and warm glowing restaurant with mellow lighting. I arrived ahead of my friend who had selected the restaurant,I was made to stand for a little while because they couldn't find the booking, and was left standing for several minutes while the persons concerned dissapeared to do other things,granted it was quite busy, but I felt quite conspicuous stood there by the entrance,eventually they found the booking and I was shown to a seat,there was rather a dubious dish of olives in one section of the dish and another section I guess was olive oil,and in another section,well the whole thing look liked it had maybe been used by the previous occupants of that table,as I don't like olive I dipped the bread that had been served to me into the oil and it tasted really quite. My freind arrived we had lots to chat about and this kind of distracted us from the menu,but when we did want to order one minute the waiters were there and then gone again,we had about three different waiters who appeared then reappeared in a flash,just could not track them down. The proscetto wine went down well cool and crisp,we both chose the purple gnocchi for our main,have never had this before so was taken back by the grey colouring, well it looked grey under the lights,quite tasty though. On the whole I'd say a lovely little restaurant with a nice atmosphere,our waiter was a bit of a comedian,rather that though,than a miserable so so. Still deliberating as to whether I'd go again,probably.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Not as expected”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

I have heard about Frantoio King's road that it is the best in town but it was not the case as the service was very slow and we ended up having a cold and dry pizza.. The drinks were a bit on the expensive side.