“Birthday Treat” 4 of 5 stars

+44 (0)20 7010 8600
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
L'Atelier de Joel Robuchon is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #273 of 17,931 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Description: Drawing on Joel Robuchon's internationally renowned culinary expertise, already accredited with several Michelin Stars at restaurants throughout the world, L'Atelier de Joel Robuchon's philosophy is based on serving simple cuisine of the most exceptional quality. This London restaurant has been awarded Michelin Star, as well as 3 AA Rosettes, establishing it as one of the most exceptional places to dine in London. Robuchon's menu delights the palate with clean insightful flavours and refreshingly understated presentation. The dishes are predominantly French with Italian and Spanish influences. The dining experience at L'Atelier is an interactive one. On the ground floor, the eating counter surrounds the entire kitchen where the food is prepared. Robuchon sees the immediate benefit of this Japanese-inspired layout to chefs, as one can gauge the reaction of clients, and even converse with them whilst they watch their food being prepared. Unlike the sister restaurants in Paris and Tokyo, the London restaurant also has another 20 seats where diners can sit opposite each other. Meanwhile, La Cuisine on the first floor offers more traditional restaurant seating in a setting that could be likened to dining in the kitchen itself. Wherever you are seated you will enjoy the highest quality food in an informal, convivial environment. Valet parking is also available. Please note, last reservations are taken half an hour prior to closing time. Dress code: Smart Casual, shorts are not permitted.
Adelaide
“Birthday Treat”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

Shared a birthday dinner with 3 friends last week. The waiter was attentive and helpful, knowing we only had 1.5 hours before our show, he kept the flow so we were not hurried. Special dessert plate for the birthday girl quickly organized and beautifully presented. The atmosphere is lovely and the food delicious.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

• Greek first
  • Indonesian first
Lytham St Anne's, United Kingdom
“Perfect!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

I brought my friends for lunch a few weeks ago and as this was my second visit was slightly apprehensive that Atelier wouldn't live up to my previously set high expectations. I needn't have worried!!
The food was lovely and beautifully presented as expected. My friend had a dandelion and poached egg starter which was described as the 'best salad I've ever had'! I had quail stuffed with foie gras and it was delicious. I can't find the words to describe the mashed potato but needless to say it has been occupying my thoughts since my last visit and was every bit as good as I remembered!
What really makes this place special though is the service. Waiters explain dishes before you ask so there are no feelings of awkwardness and they were very patient when we took ages to make up our minds what to order! Our waiter noticed my friend's reluctance to eat the foie gras amuse-bouche and replaced it with an alternative without being asked. I also asked a question about nuts in the bread as my partner has an allergy which means I have to avoid them. I was immediately offered a fresh basket all to myself and a nut free selection was brought. He also made a note for the kitchen. I have had all sorts of problems in other restaurants so this was particularly appreciated.
We took our coffee in the bar upstairs and every staff member we encountered en route asked if we were enjoying our lunch. In a manner which suggested our satisfaction was their main objective. Great customer service.
This was a special treat outing for my friends and they were talking about the food and service all the way home. Thanks for another lovely meal. I'll be back!!

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Watlington, United Kingdom
“Very ordinary food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

Micro dishes and maxi prices for very ordinary food. I had eaten the main dish before the side vegetables turned up. These were tempura green beans limp and cool. Surly waiters completed a dreadful experience!

• Visited June 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Average comparing to Hong Kong outlet”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

My wife and I arrived 5 minutes past 12 on a saturday for lunch and had to wait 10 minutes to be attended by the barman for a cocktail (which was pretty good btw). We felt like we just interrupted something, awkward. The customer experience started badly. The service remained average throughout the lunch experience with untrained staff (most of them French).
There is a feeling of stress or fatigue in this restaurant. The head waiter or maitre d'hotel is not at the level you would expect for a place like this. The food is good but nothing special.
Not a great experience, will not go back and certainly do not recommend it. Expensive for what it is.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Thiene, Italy
“Of course unforgettable but...I've missed something to give 5s”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

First of all is unaceptable say that a diner chez Joel Robuchon is something usual.
The work in the kitchen is absolutely maniacal and watching the chefs working openly in front of you is definetely something fantastic for me..
I have no complains at all about the food (just saing that the purée was stratospheric I think I've said all the rest) another plate really unforgettable as balance of taste and flavour it was the fois gràs, seriously never had such as a perfect one, no where else in the world - and believe me, I really love fois gràs, I travel a lot and I love food-
So the athmosphere was maybe a bit noisy for my way to taste such kind of dishes but what really annoied me was the service, not even close to giustify an almost 600 pound's bill.
The somellier reccomended us an earlier year of vintage Champagne than the one requested -that I knew- and that was definetely not comparable to the other one. I believe such kind of thing can uppens of course, but not in a 3 micheline starred restaurant.
To conclude, I had dinner just once and I think that to get the chance to give a real opinion at any restaurant you have to had dinned at least 3 times. So, that's it.
Try it and enjoy, it is anyway a wonderful experice!! : )

• Visited June 2012