“Impeccable service and beautiful atmosphere” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Plateau

Plateau
4th Floor, Canada Place | Canada Square, London E14 5ER, England (Docklands / Canary Wharf / Isle of Dogs)
+44 20 7715 7100
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Plateau is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #327 of 17,041 Restaurants in London
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: French
Good for: Entertaining clients, Doing business
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Docklands / Canary Wharf / Isle of Dogs
Description: Plateau Restaurant and Bar & Grill offer stunning views over Canary Wharf. The main restaurant serves classic French cuisine with a contemporary twist from Head Chef Daniel Mcgarey, while the Bar & Grill offers more informal cooking in a relaxed setting. There are also 2 lively bars, 2 private dining rooms and 2 stylish terraces.
New York
“Impeccable service and beautiful atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

The views are amazing. The outdoor enclosed terrace is gorgeous!!!! It even smells incredible. The lobster was perfectly prepared. The sommelier was knowledgeable and suggested a great wine. To top it off, this was the best service I've ever experienced. I've been to several high end restaurants and none have come close to the service at Plateau. They provide five star service while still remaining inviting and warm. I will be back and recommend anyone who wants to feel like a queen (or king) to dine here.

Dear Ana,
The fact that you have been to a several high end restaurants and experienced the best service at Plateau makes me and my team feel very proud. I hope you will be back again for another wonderful dining experience.
Regards

“Amazing experince”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Everything is perfect at Plateau, the food, atmosphere, service and people! Their cocktails are really good. The terrace on both sides of restaurant overlooking 1 Canada Square Park is a great spot to relax and eat especially during summer when there is no rain! Definitely recommend to all.

Visited June 2014
Dear deniztamer.
Thank you for your feedback on Tripadvisor.
I am delighted that you liked the food, atmosphere, service, people and the cocktails. Not to mention the terraces which definitely are great place to relax overlooking Canada Square Park.
I am looking forward to welcoming you again at Plateau.
Regards
“Birthday party”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

Fantastic restaurant and birthday venue! Amazing food, beautiful views and the best service!! Thanks again for a most memorable evening!

Dear KJanis,
I am glad you enjoyed the birthday party at Plateau and I hope you will be back again.
London, United Kingdom
“Superb and charming evening.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

Yesterday evening I had one of the best dinner in London.
It was not just about food, which was absolutely delicious, but the environment, the staff and the attention till the smallest detail is remarkable.
We were sitting in the restaurant were the superb view of the square is the protagonist of the entire scene. White marble table, green cushions, perfect mise an place and very welcoming staff introduced us to our dinner.
Our waiter Daniele, very charming, showed us the menu and the wine list. Drinks were been served promptly and all our "picky" questions about the menu were been explained perfectly. He knew how to explain all the detail on each dish, very remarkable! The sommelier Pidi suggested the perfect wine based on our tests and the food ordered.
We had the duck breast, the beef fillet and the saddle of lamb. All the dishes were well presented and perfectly cooked. The flavors and the seasonal ingredients were absolutely delicious.
After we ordered two desserts to share, mango cannoli and figs carpaccio. The marinated figs were fantastic and the mango ice ream was delicious.
Luca, the manager, came to the table and asked about the dinner: we could only thank him, Daniele, Pidi and all the staff for the outstanding dinner. Thank you, we will be back.

Dear Mela5660,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback online following your recent dining experience at Plateau. It makes me feel really good seeing that you thought food, environment, the staff and the attention till the smallest detail were remarkable. Thank you for praising Daniele, Luca and Pidi; they certainly do a great job and we are very proud of them.
I really hope you will visit us again in a near future.
“Brilliant French experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

I've been dining yesterday at Le Plateau with my boyfriend to celebrate his new job. We already had dinner here but in the grill section. This time we decided to go for the restaurant menu. Not too many words to describe it, but amazing.
Our server, Samuel, french guy, has been very professional but friendly and turned our whole dinner in a culinary experience we will certainly repeat.
We had scallops with squid ink and that was just amazing; I'd never thought I could eat raw scallops!
As mains we had rabbit wrapped in pancetta and salmon with girlies for myself. Delicious!
But what really made my day was the dessert. Strawberry with lemon cake and elderflower jelly.
So fresh and tasty and light...just perfect!
The only negative point, my swiss chard, definitely too salty.
At the end of the day, great atmosphere, good french food, perfect customer service.
Will 100% come back!

Kim S, General Manager at Plateau, responded to this review, August 13, 2014
Dear Looney2012,
I am delighted to see that you had a brilliant French experience at Plateau recently and that
you enjoyed the dishes and the atmosphere. Thank you for praising Sam, who certainly is a valuable member of our team.
I hope to see you again soon.