“AMAZING! FOOD,LOCATION,VENUE, COCKTAILS & STAFF!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #6,157 of 17,997 Restaurants in London
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Description: Located down a quiet street in the exclusive Notting Hill, The Lonsdale is officially a lounge, DJ bar and restaurant. Unofficially it’s a futuristic and stylish premise for top notch intoxocology. The level of execution, creativity and passion for the art of drink-making simply deserves this new term. From the owners to the managers to the cocktail shakers, this bar is a laid back dragon’s lair of hospitality professionals with impressive track records. The luxurious, stylish décor coupled with a great soundtrack seeping through every room evokes a relaxing yet lively atmosphere bringing in a mixed crowd; locals and tourists, young professionals and older sophisticated diners. DJs brighten up prime evenings with groovy music in the way of R&B, hip hop, reggae, dance, and pop music- but nothing too cheesy. There isn’t really a dance floor but spontaneous bursts of wiggling and swaying often makes its way into the joyous party scene anyways. If there is space that is, as this bar is usually pretty full and vivid enough with chit chatter, mingling and mixology magic in action. The critically acclaimed drinks selection is known as “The Bible”, which features over 200 individual cocktail recipes. The cocktails are sourced from British history dating back to the 16th century as well as new innovations by the experimental intoxocologists. They have wines from around the world and an unparalleled choice of rare spirits. Imaginative and delicious flavours are not privilege to the drinks alone; their food menu has all the makings of a cool British eatery. The culinary experience features fine steaks, rare breed chops and vegetarian dishes, based around a respect for the best and most diverse produce. Ranked in the top 20 best bars from around the world by Drinks International, The Lonsdale is the perfect destination for any occasion from after work drinks to a nice meal. For a private function or birthday party- you name it- the whole venue can be exclusively hired or perhaps book the “Belle Epoque” upstairs members’ bar. The room is fully equipped hi-fi system, plasma TV and DJ booth
London, United Kingdom
“AMAZING! FOOD,LOCATION,VENUE, COCKTAILS & STAFF!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

I went to the Lonsdale on Saturday 8th June and it was amazing the food was cooked to perfection I had scallops for starters which were divine, rib eye steak for mains which was perfect! my friend had squid and a pork dish which was also superb! I arrived 30 mins early and the staff were friendly attentive and excellent hosts! Toby offered me a water straight away and gave me the drinks menu to look through I had a whisky smash cocktail which i thoroughly enjoyed. Then I got chatting away to Sasha who was also very chatty and charming. I will 100% go back to the Lonsdale! Thank you to all who made the evening a real pleasure. Highly recommended and the deal on top table couldn't have come at a better time. I tried several cocktails the elderflower martini being my fav! for anyone looking for a nice meal and cocktails in an intimate location go to the Lonsdale!

See you soon.
Lx

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Epsom, United Kingdom
“Fantastic find!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

This is a great restaurant, it was no problem that we arrived early - we could have a drink at the bar - the staff could not be more helpful or friendly - the decor is beautiful too, very intimate for couples, but also good for larger parties too. The food was just so delicious, my other half had a steak and I have roasted bream. It was so good! Dessert I opted for the apple tart and my partner had the sticky toffee pudding. We will defnitely be backed - best of all we booked via TopTable and got a great discount. Very handy if you are going to the Electric Cinema too :)

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Sydney, Australia
“I liked Lonsdale.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Like so many bars that are fashionable, they have great cocktails, only a small dance area, but I had fun there. The interior is still sassy even though it's been open a while and I had fun...

• Visited April 2012
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“a bit of snoot and go”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

Decor a bit fruity for my taste but tucked away well enough; where persons gather following online meet-ups - hee hee.

Visited June 2012
London, United Kingdom
“Great value with Toptable 50% offer”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

I booked a table for two at short notice using the Toptable 50% discount offer, and was pleasantly surprised! Decor is stylish, charming and I felt instantly comfortable in our plush seats.

We ordered almost everything on the menu, given how cheap it was with the offer and I got through it all in no time. Scallops were delicious and well seasoned, albeit a little stingy in size. I like my scallops fat! Veggie starters were yummy and perfect for an intro to the main.

I ordered the lobster which, let's be honest, is always a disappointment unless it's fresh from the sea (I've been spoiled!) but nevertheless, the garlic seasoning made it tasty and they kindly switched my fries to green beans, without me even having to ask. The waitress was so friendly and attentive, she could instantly tell I didn't want fries and offered me a suitable alternative.

Service was brilliant all round, the waitress went out of her way to explain everything to my mother who can be quite a demanding customer. The general atmosphere was warm and friendly, a group of girls on one side so lots of laughter and banter. Def recommend desserts, can't remember what I ordered but I remember scoffing the lot.

Couple of bad points: My mother used the bathroom but the taps didn't work! The other ladies in the bathroom couldn't work them either, but luckily one had hand wipes. We told the waitress who said the taps are "stiff". I'd heard from the former owner that he and his brother sold the place to a "Notting Hill trustafarian" so I imagine whoever owns the Lonsdale can find the money to fix the loo taps. Fairly important, I'd say!

Also, there was something very sharp in our food that my mother almost cracked her tooth on. The chef assured us it was a piece of rock salt, but it was pretty hard for rock salt...I dread to think what else it might have been.

But overall, we had a great time and I would recommend the place for supper, esp with the Toptable offer.

• Visited January 2013