“Superb dining” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Wolseley

The Wolseley
160 Piccadilly, London W1J 9EB, England (Mayfair / St James's / Piccadilly / Green Park )
+44 20 7499 6996
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The Wolseley is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #597 of 18,003 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: European
Neighborhood: Mayfair / St James's / Piccadilly / Green Park
Description: The Wolseley offers several menus in the Grand Café tradition including breakfast, morning pastries, afternoon tea, and an all day menu with sandwiches, salads, crustacea and plats du jour. We are open seven days a week.
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Superb dining”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

I heard a lot but never had a chance to dine in Wolseley . This time was lucky but with advance booking only. Unforgettable experience and lovely food . The staff were polished and service was great.

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

• Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
“Beautiful Breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

A friend and I booked breakfast for 10am on a Friday morning in August. Although we had booked I had trepidations that we may have still ended up queuing, my fears were unfounded. We were efficiently booked in and led to our table. To my mind, the room is beautiful, like stepping back in time. We had English breakfast tea that arrived in a pot along with a most fiddly tea strainer - I felt I needed a tea strainer lesson! My friend chose the full English and I opted for eggs Benedict. My friend who knows a good black pudding when she eats one said this one served with the full English did not pass muster but otherwise her breakfast was very enjoyable. My breakfast was perfectly delicious and, along with a little cafe in Soho, the best eggs Benedict I have eaten - so far! Cost high, of course, but great as an occasional treat. Service efficiently brisk, one minor irritation is the toilets could be better signposted, down a load of steps to where exactly?

• Visited August 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Afternoon Lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

A friend and I visited for lunch during the week and the position of the restaurant near Green Park made it a perfect spot not just for us but it seems an array of celebrities!
There is much on offer from the menu making it quite difficult to decide what to have (it all looks so good) we settled on the fish of the day, vegetable and wine...it was divine. I would certainly recommend for friends looking for a lovely lunchtime meal willing to pay up to £100...definitely will visit again.

“Usual high standard”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2014 via mobile

Upstairs on balcony today.... 4 for lunch, six oysters, pea & lettuce soup, tartlet of cheese, cheese soufflé, then lobster with chips, two veal Holstein and filet steak, served with salads and good Bordeaux... Polished off with welsh rarebit, roulade & Summer fruits, superb almondine ice cream.
Still top form....
Go back ?
Yep!!!

Visited August 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Afternoon Tea -- and Renata -- Rocks!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2014

I showed up with no reservation for afternoon tea -- staff graciously found me a spot very quickly in this lovely place. Renata couldn't have been nicer -- arranged for me to have all cucumber and cream cheese sandwich fingers (and spares!) with no fuss, and introduced me to the very interesting portfolio of photos showing the history of this fab place (they keep it behind the maître d's desk -- just ask!). Loved the china and the silver pieces (particularly the serving pieces and silver spoons labeled "clotted cream" and "strawberry jam") -- wish they were for sale on their website. I'll be recommending this to friends and going back myself. Thanks, Wolseley Staff!

• Visited August 2014