“Unhelpful.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Frontline Restaurant

Frontline Restaurant
13 Norfolk Place, London W2 1QJ, England (Bayswater / Notting Hill / Lancaster Gate )
+44 (0)20 7479 8960
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Frontline Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3,800 of 17,938 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Bayswater / Notting Hill / Lancaster Gate
Transit: Paddington Rail and Underground Station Edgware Road Underground Station Lancaster Gate underground Station St.Mary's Bus Stop for 7, 15, 23, 27, 36, 205, 306
London, England, United Kingdom
“Unhelpful.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

An old friend and I booked Frontline for a catch up lunch. It was just meant to be the two of us and we booked for 2 but at the last minute we ran into a friend and insisted she join us for lunch (as you do) so we immediately called Frontline to see if we could possible squeeze an extra chair in. We were told in a very rude and unhelpful tone that we could not extend the booking to 3 and it was either 2 of us for the booking or no booking at all.

I understand that the restaurant was full at lunch time on a Friday but I have never experienced such unaccommodating behaviour towards clientele.
We had to cancel our booking- We weren't going to drop a friend!
Unfortunately I can't review on the food but I am sure it must be excellent if they can't dare squeeze in an extra chair.

• Visited December 2013

Lakenheath, Suffolk
“Great meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

I ate here with work colleagues on a Saturday evening. The seating was comfortable and the decor and atmosphere were good. Everyone in the group enjoyed their food. The service wasn't particularly quick, but they were full and we weren't in a hurry. I would certainly go back and eat here again.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Scotland
“Good 'British' food, good atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

Regular visitor to this restaurant as it's one of the best in this part of town.

It manages to serve up many British 'classics' and I would describe the food as solid. Service can sometimes be a bit lapsed but atmosphere is always good.

Wine list is excellent and well priced.

A very good option in a part of town that is short on decent choices.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Good atmosphere, great food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

With so much choice in London it's easy to be disappointed trying a place for the first time, but I certainly wasn't here. This restaurant has a pleasant atmosphere, the acoustics are good which is really important to me as I like to be able to hold a conversation comfortably when I'm dining. A simple menu which is always a good sign, service very good and fast. The food was well cooked and presented. Decent wine list but not a lot of choice by the glass. There are plenty of ok restaurants in the area but I think this one offers better value for money than most and is just off the main tourist trail. Would go again.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
London
“Poor service, good wine, but average food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

I came here with a for end last night, after a lecture in the room above above the Nairobi Mall Massacre. Hoping to raise the mood a bit and was met by a very snooty waitress at the door. Thankfully there was a spare table, which she seemingly grudgingly took us to.

Very good wine list and they let us taste a few, which was a nice touch. My squid was rather a small portion for a main and the spicy sauce didn't quite work for it. Waitress would remove my wine glass when it was empty, which really annoys me as it forces you to either order more wine, or puts pressure on your dining companion to drink up - that's bad service for you.

Thankfully when the overpriced bill came, with service included (another annoyance), the particular waitress was lovely - a French girl. She made up for the poor service of her colleagues and they would do well to take a leaf out of her book.

I would return, as the atmosphere is lovely, but I don't tend to be in that part of town much. Hoping the service will have improved next time I am there though!

• Visited October 2013