“A true Gem set into the sea of Jejune Restuarant Ubiquity” 5 of 5 stars

+44 (0)20 8670 4052
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Joanna's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #921 of 18,011 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Eastbourne, United Kingdom
“A true Gem set into the sea of Jejune Restuarant Ubiquity”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

Joanna's has been around for decades.......when it first opened people probably wondered what a restaurant that looks and feels like an old NewYork panelled restaurant was doing in Crystal Palace........these days with the area trendy and smart it fits in just fine.

But it still stands out. and would wherever it was.. .and for those lucky people who venture past the relatively boring exterior entering from a bustling Crystal Palace street full of all sorts of restaurants you are transported to a classy but relaxed authentic New York style restaurant with a bar. It has a wonderful atmosphere........brilliant service... charming staff...and quite superb food.

I have been lucky to eat in what are rated as top rated eateries all over the world but Joanna's strikes such a perfect balance of all the things I want in a restaurant. For me it is up there with the very best...while resisting the the self conscious over the top formality of some chart toppers.
The food is top notch.Really very very good...........Sunday roast lunch is a favourite with a mixed crowd of all ages. But you will find a wide range of great food on the menu...make sure you leave some room for one of their sweets.

This is truly a gem and certainly one of my favourites restaurants anywhere.

And thanks to Owen Bush for the words Jejune Ubiquity I admit I had to get my dictionary out :)

barry

• Visited April 2013

Maidenhead, United Kingdom
“Excellent for all ages!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

I went to Johanna's for my 19th birthday and was a fantastic birthday experience I recommend this restaurant to anyone who appreciates good service, fabulous food and stunning views.

All in all I feel Johanna's was a fantastic night out with the lads who enjoy it's exceptional aroma and brilliant style!

• Visited March 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Bit disappointing Menu”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

The restaurant itself is nice, modern and welcoming. Menu is poor with burger in it. Not too sure about it. Expensive burgers I think. Don't fancy going back. Personal opinion and taste.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Maidenhead
“Pleasant evening out on Easter Sunday”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

We have eaten in Joanna's a few times. There were 6 of us yesterday. It was a pleasant meal, at reasonable cost. Three of us had the belly pork. I found the crackling delicious, and the meat well cooked, but the accompaniments of beans and cabbage were much too greasy.
The tempura king prawn starter was delicious as usual.
Service was good.
I recommend Joanna's for a simple meal out.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Fantastic food, lovely ambience and cheerful staff.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

I visited Joanna's yesterday to celebrate my friend's birthday. The restaurant was busy for Easter Sunday lunch and the atmosphere and music were lovely.

The food was delicious! We started with white bait and king prawn tempura. The prawns were huge and very succulent and accompanied by a lovely sauce.

For mains my friend had the seabass with mussels and I had the roast with rocket and Parmesan salad. Both meals were both well presented and tasty. The portions are very generous, and I was sad to not have been able to finish my meal.

I will definitely be visiting Joanna's again soon. Another Crystal Palace gem!