“Less special” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Ayoush

Ayoush
58 James Street, London W1U 1HG, England (Marylebone)
+44 20 7935 9839
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Ayoush is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,706 of 18,353 Restaurants in London
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: African, Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, Moroccan
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Private Dining
Neighborhood: Marylebone
Description: Recently refurbished into a stylish, elegant and vibrant venue over two floors with downstairs "caves" perfect for groups. Serving modern North African food from a changing menu, Ayoush is situated in Mayfair, just minutes from bustling Oxford Street. The outside street terrace is very popular to take lunch, mint tea or shisha during the day. Belly dancers perform Friday and Saturday evenings for diners to enjoy or even join in! The menu features favourites such as tagines, couscous, kebabs, salads, fresh fish and grilled meatsand the venue is well known for its Mezze menu. A full bar menu, wine and coffee menu with signature cocktails
Palm Springs, California
“Less special”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

Visited here a year or two back and looked forward to a return visit. It seemed less special. The service was lack luster and the food did not seem as good. I had standard chicken tagine and it was just unremarkable chicken and sauce. I didn't detect any preserved lemon or olives in the dish. They charge extra for a side order of rice which was essential to make this a meal!
I had pistachio pudding for dessert. Kind of bland and thick. I will say the Moroccan tea was decent! Generally disappointing. Especially when they were blasting Lady Gaga music! It later reverted to traditional music and I commented on how more appropriate it was One should not have to comment on musical choices in an ethnic restaurant !

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
AyoushTeam, Owner at Ayoush, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Thank you for your review and constructive feedback. We will take your comments on board for our corrective action.

Naturally, I am disappointed when customers feel less than satisfied with their experience and I sincerely hope that we will have the chance to serve you again and get your feedback on the improvements made. Would appreciate the chance to contact you, my email is info@ayoush.com

• Arabic first
“A nice world of Morocco in London”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

Friendly and beautiful staff in nice ambience with lovely lights and music !

Very good place to enjoy the multi cultures of London. A must visit- place in London and definitely come back again and again...

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Nice food, awful service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

Firstly, we did not expect that our request to move to a table downstairs would cause difficulties to the personnel. The waitresses are barely speaking english and did not understand almost anything of what we were talking to order the food. We had to wait like 40 min to have a dinner.

I am very disappointed.

We did not paid the announced service fee, of course. As a result we did not received a simple "Good bye".

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
AyoushTeam, Owner at Ayoush, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Thank you for leaving a review. Your feedback is important to us. I want to ascertain the day you visited so that we can trace back why a table downstairs was not available.

There are several improvements that have been made over the last few weeks and I would be happy to invite you to come again so that you can judge for yourself.

Please email me on info@ayoush.com

Many thanks and sorry that the experience did not meet your expectations
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Amazing Moroccan cuisine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

One of the best restaurants in London. Great food (my tagine was delicious) with a very high quality/price ratio, the atmosphere is suggestive and service was attentive. Will go back for sure.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Horrible service, good food.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

The dishes my friend and I had were definitely good. They were fairly authentically made. It's a shame though that their service was so terrible as I would have loved to go back and try some of their other dishes. The waiting staff was very slow and got our order wrong twice. My meal came out 20 minutes before my friend's did and even then we got no apology. They also served us a shisha which we couldn't smoke because it started to pour rain and they had no umbrella to provide us so we had to move indoors yet they refused to remove the £20 shisha cost from our bill.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
AyoushTeam, Owner at Ayoush, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Hi, I'm sorry your experience was less than satisfactory.

Service in particular has been a main focus of ours and I would like to invite you to tell me if you see any improvements and make amends.

Please contact me on info@ayoush.com