“Best breakfast” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Royal Teas

Royal Teas
76 Royal Hill, London SE10 7RT, England (Greenwich)
020 8691 7240
Neighborhood: Greenwich
London, United Kingdom
“Best breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

My girlfriend and I come hear every weeked that we can for the breakfasts. They are simple but wonderfully cooked.

I am a keen meat eater, so normally avoid veggie places; but the american breakfast (spicy bean tortilla topped with two perfectly poached eggs and toast, with salsa and sour cream) sorts me out every time.

Great choice of fresh coffee and tea, and friendly, relaxed staff. Reasonably priced and consistent in quality.

Be warned that it is a small cafe, and fills up quickly.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Durham, NC
“Lovely vegetarian lunches!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

We came to Royal Teas for a late lunch.

The location is not in the touristy area of Greenwich but down a semi-residential street. The cafe is small but there is some seating and tables outside.

On entering I asked how to order. The lady said we could order at our table or at the register. We weren't the only diners who asked that question while we were there.

We were told about the specials on the blackboard. It didn't take us long to choose our food. We chose the courgette, mint & feta soup (a special), smoked salmon and scrambled eggs and I chose the halloumi, falafel and hoummus wrap with salad.

We asked for the soup first and we shared this. It was a large bowl, meant as a lunch as it was served with a slice of wholemeal baguette and butter. The soup was satisfying as it was hot and tasty. The feta wasn't overpowering and the amount was generous as an appetizer for two.

The entrees were delicious. My husband declared the scrambled eggs to be cooked perfectly and the accompanying toast was toasted just right too. My wrap was tasty with chunks of fried? halloumi, small falafel balls and hoummus in a wrap. There was a small side salad, more of a garnish, including commercially made coleslaw. Overall, the entrees were certainly enough for lunch.

My only negative comment is that service is slow but some may say it is relaxed.

My ginger tea was OK but not that gingery even though I steeped the tea leaves for over ten minutes.

The cost of the meal including a juice and a tea was almost 16 Pounds. Not too bad for three entrees.

I would recommend Royal Teas for a leisurely late lunch. I can imagine not being able to get a table at lunch.

The decor is very purple and some walls are adorned with art for sale. It looks like a neighborhood cafe and a popular place!

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Derbyshire
“Good and not so good”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

We visited here after the great reviews on here. As vegetarians we always look for vegi or vegi friendly places.

We visited for a late lunch. It did not look as we expected. It is quite small and quirky, which we liked.

The menu is small but all vegi with the exception of salmon. We were not told about the specials so missed out on what looked like a lovely soya bean salad when we saw someone else order it. By then we had wraps which were nice enough though. I had an orange juice which was fine and my husband had a mint tea. The cakes looked lovely although we didn't have any.

So that's the good. Now the not so good.....

My husband had tea as the cold options were water or fruit juice, there was not cola or lemonade type options.
The china the tea was served in was pretty, but cracked which put us off a little.
The cafe was also quite dusty and needs a good spring clean. This also put us off a little as it ,add us wonder what the cleanliness elsewhere was like.

Was fine but not amazing as we had been led to believe from the reviews on here.

Visited August 2013
Manchester, United Kingdom
“...more to a book than its cover”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

We were looking for somewhere for a late breakfast as hotel prices are slightly right of outrageous... to find Royal Teas was just that, a find.

Great friendly service, a good choice of coffees from around the world, and food choices that delivered on all fronts. The "American" for was an odd choice but ‎it was incredible... the ultimate brunch option.

Don't be put off by its rustic appearance and curb appeal as that is ultimately part of its charm. Can't help but love it...

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
London, United Kingdom
“Super teas and cakes - if you can get a table!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

It can be difficult to get a table here and once you've been you'll know why. The food is vegetarian freindly, the choice of tea and coffee extenstive (served in propert cups and saucers) and the cakes are amazing. The location is great on Royal Hill, away from the market and tourists, just along from the Greenwich Union and Richard the First pubs, which are also worth a visit.

Visited August 2013