“Great Keralan Food, served with a smile” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Rasa

Rasa
6 Dering Street | Oxford Circus, London W1S 1AD , England (Mayfair)
020-7629-1346
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Rasa is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,034 of 17,039 Restaurants in London
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Indian, Vegetarian
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Mayfair
Salisbury, United Kingdom
“Great Keralan Food, served with a smile”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

I can't praise the food and service highly enough. I have dined both with my 11 year old son and alone at Rasa and the experience is always superb. The menu is both interesting and diverse, the food is perfect and the staff are always attentive and courteous. You can buy the owners cook book and try some recipes at home as well!

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Atlanta, GA
“Outstanding!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

Dinner with family. The best south indian food I've had in years. The chicken masala and coconut rice was unlike any i've had in the States. If you're on Oxford St shopping this a great place to refuel. Seating is a little cramped but the service makes it so worth it.

“A real treat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

Been going to Rasa for a few years now and it never disappoints. I've never had a meal that I didn't enjoy, and the Banana boli is always terrific. Staff is friendly and attentive. Highly recommend.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Great food...shame about the sexism...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

Lovely food- a great experimental approach to vegetarianism. We opted for the taster/sample menu which is fantastic value for money. We turned up famished so it was quite an accomplishment on the restaurants part that both myself and the person I was with could not finish our food due to the generous portions.

My only complaint… It’s a shame that in this day and age I am made to feel that only my male companions opinion of the food and wine matters. Our attentive waiter constantly chose to solely address my male companion and I found it very insulting, especially considering I was the one who had picked the restaurant and was paying. Not acceptable.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Good South Indian”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

I thoroughly enjoyed my meal at Rasa W1. Seated at a great table, service was on the ball and genuinely friendly. A very interesting menu with great descriptions. Prices are fair for the area.

We shared a vegetarian platter to start between two of us. A lovely and very tasty selection of starters with accompanying sauces.

For mains we had one vegetarian and one chicken biriyani. Both were lovely to share.

A good meal and definitely a welcome change to the usual Indian on every high street.

• Visited March 2013