“Best service in London” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Marcus

Marcus
87 Knightsbridge, Wilton Place, London SW1X 7RL, England (Formerly Marcus Wareing at the Berkeley) (Bayswater / Notting Hill / Lancaster Gate )
+44 20 7235 1200
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Marcus is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #578 of 17,929 Restaurants in London
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Private Dining
Neighborhood: Bayswater / Notting Hill / Lancaster Gate
Description: After 10 years at The Berkeley Marcus Wareing has temporarily shut the doors on his eponymous 2 Michelin star Knightsbridge restaurant to carry out an extensive refurbishment, it will reopen as 'Marcus' on the 24th March 2014. The exquisite food which has earned Marcus international recognition and an abundance of industry awards will remain true to his core values, delivering the highest quality of produce, creative thought and exacting execution. The main dining room will seat 105, The Salon will offer exquisite private dining seating 16 and the Chef's Table will be a highlight of the all new 'Marcus', seating 10 it will offer an unparalleled luxury dining experience. Reservations are now being taken from the 24th March.
“Best service in London”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

Went for lunch today and it far exceeded our expectation. The waiters have an excellent knowledge of the dishes and the food is fabulous. Will be returning without a shadow of a doubt.

Brighton, England, United Kingdom
“Not what I expected”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

I think I may have gone with to high expectations. but it didn't blow me away most dishes didn't seem that well thought out and everything was pretty much cold.there were few really nice things the foie geas mousse was delicious and the Horlicks parfait. When I go to a 2 michealin star restaurant and spend £ 100 a head just for food I would expect perfection which it wasn't. cheese selection was incredible and lovely bread, port was also very good but I did explain to the Sommelier that we were on a tight budget And we only wanted what we had already ordered he told us not to worry. When it came time to pay we had been charged £10 a glass for the port this was supposed to be a special occasion as it was my birthday and my first time visiting a 2 star restaurant and I wasn't impressed

• Visited October 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
London
“The best prix fixe lunch ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

Every time we come to London, we try to fit in a meal at Marcus Wareing. This trip, we only had time for lunch, but what a lunch it was! The prix fixe deal is £30 for two courses, or £38 for three, including coffee, petits fours and water. Not only is it astonishing value, but the quality of food and cooking was extraordinary. Every mouthful was exquisite and memorable. We both thought it was probably the best lunch we had ever had. We both had the sweetbread ravioli starter - incredible taste and aftertaste.My wife had the salmon as main course, while I had the belly of pork. Both were extraordinarily sauced and perfectly executed. My wife had the rhubarb pannacotta for dessert, while I had the white chocolate. My wife reckoned the rhubarb pannacotta was the best dessert she had ever tasted.
This is cooking of the highest standard and incredible value.
Service, as always, was impeccable and charming.

Worcester, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Fantastic Fantastic...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

Just visited the Marcus Wareing restaurant at the Berkeley Hotel in London, and all I can say is WOW....My husband and I enjoy the occasional top restaurant and this restaurant rates amongst the best I have eaten in. The ambience was relaxed, not too formal or stuffy but you can see why its a 2 michelin star restaurant. The food was amazing and not over complicated, the staff were so good and so professional..I did have the pleasure too of meeting Mr Wareing in his kitchen, and I was absolutely amazed at how smoothly he runs his operation and how very nice and friendly Marcus was.. Cannot wait to go back and will certainly be recommending this fantastic restaurant to everyone..

London, United Kingdom
“Sweetbread Ravioli to die for and £30 lunch deal!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

I went for lunch at Marcus Wareing at The Berkeley yesterday to try out their special £30 for two course lunch deal. For a 2 Michelin starred establishment - £30 for 2 courses is a jaw droppingly good deal and the food certainly lived up to Marcus' impeccable reputation.
To start I enjoyed an insanely good dish of Sweetbread ravioli with hazelnuts - out of this world, a creamy, rich ravioli with crunchy hazelnuts and thin, crunchy, fresh slices of cauliflower - absolutely delicious. For me, an excellent meal is judged by the lasting memory - there are only a handful of dishes I truly remember and this I am sure will add to that short list.
For main I ordered the salmon, quinoa and broccoli served with buerre blanc - again, perfection, a really light and wholesome meal, perfect for lunch. I always find quinoa quite bland but this was packed full of flavour, the salmon and broccoli also perfectly cooked. Broccoli doesn’t appear enough on menus in the UK - I suspect because of chefs fears of overcooking it - this portion cooked to perfection. As one would expect from such an establishment!
For pudding (we couldn’t resist!) a delightful, light white chocolate mousse with blood orange and oats - perfect end to the meal.
This deal is really excellent - Michelin Starred cooking for a very reasonable price.
Oh and the choice of breads - Potato and Honey bread - AMAZING.
Strongly recommended for those who have the common misconception that all Michelin Starred food is expensive - this is very good value and you will not be disappointed.