“Perfect in every way....” 5 of 5 stars

02075868569
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Odette's Restaurant and Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #770 of 16,942 restaurants in London
Cuisines: British
Good for: Romance, Bar scene, Large groups, Doing business, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: Nearest Tube Station is Chalk Farm
Description: Odette's Restaurant & Bar is one of London's original dining rooms having opened in 1978, and it is still an acclaimed restaurant now owned by Welsh chef Bryn Williams, set amongst a parade of mid-Victorian shops and cafes in beautiful Primrose Hill. Bryn's modern British menu is an innovative marriage of textures and flavours that reflect his personality and heritage: dishes are created using the finest produce sourced from his native Wales and the rest of the UK. Lunch and dinner is served six days a week (Tuesday to Sunday)in the Odette's split level dining room, walled garden and terraced seating area.
Richmond, VA
“Perfect in every way....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

We showed up at Odette's with no reservation and, while they were completely booked upstairs, they led us down to a really neat basement bar where there are big, comfortable chairs and tables. You can order off the regular menu there. The service was wonderful, even though we were seated in the bar (I expect a bit more spotty service at bars) and the food was cooked to perfection. I had a summer tomato and basil salad while my husband opted for some bar snacks of olives, almonds and freshly baked bread and butter. For our entrees we had lamb and beef, both mouth watering. I ordered a dessert of strawberries and a light, fluffy cheesecake. We tried some different wines and took our time enjoying everything. Overall a wonderful experience. I have been recommending Odette's to all my friends!

79% Recommend
London
“Why ask- if you are not interested!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

Odette's is a quaint lovely restaurant situated in a delightful position in Primrose Hill The setting was just right as we joined a party of 10 for a birthday celebration.

We were seated in a cozy area at the back of the restaurant. Almost everyone went for the Seafood Lasagna probably because there was not much else to choose from and all agreed it was very good. For the main course, all but one chose the lamb dish, for much the same reason.

The lamb dish was quite interesting. It consisted of 3 small pieces of lamb with a lot of cabbage. Inside the cabbage leaves was a sausage which was missing from one of the servings. Everyone was then given their own small pan of vegetables.

As we started on the main course a waiter came over to ask – “is everything alright?”
With a genuine apology one of the party said that they could not eat the lamb dish because it was 100% grizzle. The waiter was completely flummoxed. Totally confused as he uttered those immortal words of a 15 year old teenage bay … UGHH! and with that he departed. Not a word of apology, not offering to replace the dish, and not suggesting a different dish might be appropriate.

A few moments later he returned. Maybe the management of Odettes had arranged a board meeting to discuss how best to handle the situation.

The waiter returned empty handed but made the announcement that no charge would be made for the dish. Not a word of apology, not offering to replace the dish, and not suggesting a different dish might be appropriate. It really was most odd because the waitresses were all very helpful

In true English fashion our Hostess said “Thank You” whilst most of the table urged her to select something else or even the same dish again.

A glass pot of marsh mellows to accompany the coffees were great.

Our visit to Odette was a terrific social success but the restaurant itself was very pretentious and not a place that we will revisit.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

I had the most amazing meal at Odette's last night. The food was first rate. The staff were attentive, but not in-your-face. The ambience in the restaurant and bar was great. I'd previously given Odette's a miss, as I'd had a bad experience six / seven years ago (under previous management and before the refurbishment). I regret leaving it that long.

We just had main course and dessert, as it was quite late (past 10pm). The staff kindly allowed me to order off-menu a bit as I'm allergic to shellfish. I had a fantastic salmon with pea risotto and reduced wine sauce. It was cooked to perfection (slightly pink on the inside, crispy skin) by someone who really knows how to cook fish. My friend had lamb dish, which he raved about non-stop.

However good the main courses were, they were totally eclipsed by the desserts. I had a lemon meringue parfait, the meringue of which had been so-slightly blowtorched, with a slightly-frozen lemon creme underneath and a shortbread biscuit at the bottom. It was perfection. I've had significantly worse desserts in two-star restaurants. My friend has the peach soufflé with chocolate ice-cream. His dessert was excellent, but I definitely made the right choice (for me) in ordering mine! A third guest just had the cheese, which she found amazing.

Odette's also does a fixed-price lunch menu (£17 for two courses, £20 for three courses). This is pretty reasonable and I hope to try it out later this week.

Well done to the staff for making the meal so enjoyable! Thanks!

London, United Kingdom
“Great neighbourhood restaraunt”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

First visit to Odette's was a pleasant experience; a birthday dinner for 2, our table was a little cramped in a corner but the staff were very pleasant and made up for this nicely. Generally, food was very interesting and well cooked though the wood pigeon has run out at 8pm - as shame!

I felt the atmosphere was a little quiet than I would expect for a tuesday evening and the food a touch overpriced, but generally Odette's is a lovely neighbourhood dining experience and you probably would walk past the front without a second glance - that's what makes it special!

Special offer taster menu on mon/tues is worth a look.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
London
“All round great experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

I visited Odette's for the first time yesterday for Sunday lunch. We were a group of 6 seated in a little separate 'room' on the ground floor. The room was open to the back, almost like a balcony, overlooking the lower ground tables.

There are several 2 or 4 person tables at the front of the restaurant, and several individual areas for bigger groups. Odette's has a small walled garden at the back, which would be lovely in warmer temperatures. The garden probably seats about 20 people.

The restaurant is stylish and elegantly decorated. The service is faultless, all staff are friendly and well mannered, as you would expect of an establishment of this caliber. The food arrived quickly, was very tasty and presented well. I had the roast beef, with potatoes, carrots and cabbage on the side. The vegetables were a bit sparse, the portion could have been a tad bigger. The beef was beautiful! Pink (medium - rare) and cooked to perfection.
My dessert was apple sorbet, milk sorbet and one scoop of caramel ice cream.

The set menu is reasonably priced. The wines are quite expensive.

I would definitely return to Odette's.