“Dreadful, overpriced, avoid.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Neal's Yard Salad Bar

Neal's Yard Salad Bar
8-10 Neal's Yard, London WC2H 9DP, England (Covent Garden)
020-7836 3233
Neighborhood: Covent Garden
London, United Kingdom
“Dreadful, overpriced, avoid.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

All terrible. Agree with the negative reviews. I'm so disappointed that I'm actually writing this review waiting for my bill. Total rip off, bag of salad dropped on a plate with some unrecognisable awful dressing £10. 20ps worth of spaghetti, chilli and garlic £9.SMALL glass of juice £5.service useless.

• Visited June 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere

London, United Kingdom
“Poor service and you can only pay cash!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

My husband and I sat down at this salad bar last Saturday. The sun was out and all the tables outside were taken. We pointed at one table inside and asked one of the waiters if we could sit there. He looked at us completely uninterested and just nodded.

Only once we sat down we noticed a little sign on the door saying 'cash only' which was a bit inconvenient but we were planning to order first and then my husband would have gone to get some cash out.

We sat there for 10 minutes and in that time we saw three different people coming and going but they were all very focused on serving/taking orders from the tables outside and didn't even look inside. It was impossible to catch their attention.

When finally one of them came inside (mind you, all the doors were wide open which meant that the indoor and outdoor parts were basically one whole open space) they just collected the cash from the table opposite ours and ran out again without even looking at us.

Needless to say, we just stood up and left.

Terrible!

• Visited June 2013
UK
“Location good but blatant overpricing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

I accept that if you want to enjoy a drink in a small courtyard in Covent Garden, then you may have to pay a premium. However I would say that the Neals Yard Salad Bar, whilst offering such a location, does not deliver on cost and in fact is overpriced and in my opinion a 'tourist trap' To charge £3 for a green tea which consisted of one tea bag in a glass of hot water to me was a rip off. There was not a soft drink below £3 on the menu. If you accept that you pay those type of prices then you'd expect something better. Fruit juices ranged from £5. Choice was limited as the green tea I opted for was in fact my third choice - the other 2 choices were 'out of stock'

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Leicester, United Kingdom
“View is great - pity about the food and service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

Situated in the heart of Neals Yard, this salad bar looked full of promise – great view, nice “ethnic” touches, indoor and outdoor seating – just what we were looking for on a warm spring day in London. Unfortunately, that was the end of the good news. The menu surprisingly lacked a decent range of salads (why was it called a salad bar?) and in general I have seen better choice at Pret Manger. We had to wait 20 minutes to get served and then food was another 20 minutes and was not worth the wait. In summary – an expensive snack bar, with poor service, uninteresting food, but a good view. Will not be going back.

• Visited April 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“A complete joke!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013 via mobile

The worst service we have ever had in London! The 'manager' who I think was Spanish was acting like he was on a drug comedown was obnoxious and totally out of order to all customers to the extent I had to say something to him! This place is clearly riding on its name for the tourists and its glory days are well and truly over. I'm being generous in this rating as the food was crap and completely overpriced! £7.50 for a baked potato and the same for a salad which was out a bag bought in the supermarket = HELLO?! AVOID AT ALL COSTS and find somewhere better for half the price. We will NEVER be back!!

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere