“Tasty food, great for sharing” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Momo

Momo
25 Heddon Street | Regent Street, London W1B 4BH, England (Mayfair)
+44 20 7434 4040
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Momo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3,117 of 17,119 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Japanese, Moroccan
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dessert, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Mayfair
Description: Consisting of a luxurious restaurant, bar, café and shady outdoor terrace, Momo is an exotic Moroccan haven on London's Heddon Street. Piping hot tagines and elegantly spiced North African dishes make up the decadent Momo menu. Lunch and decadent Moroccan afternoon tea at Momo are bookable on this site. Dinner is bookable directly on the Momo website.
Windsor, United Kingdom
“Tasty food, great for sharing”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

The atmosphere in Momo is very lively, so if you want a quiet meal this isn't the place for you. There's a decent bar to have a drink in before you eat and plenty of seating outside, which was great this summer. The vibe of Heddon Street puts you in a good mood before you start. The food was perfectly cooked, tasty and flavoured well, although not very spicy. This restaurant is geared towards sharing, so that's what we did (a group of 4). All the starters and mains were delicious. I'll definitely be going back.

Visited July 2013
Hi Emily F,

Thank you for your review and for coming to Momo!

Glad to see that you enjoyed the whole Momo experience.

On the spice note, as mentioned to the previous reviewer, the North African food is supposed to be spiced not spicy but please next time ask to have some harissa on the side. Works as a treat!!

See you soon!

• Greek first
London
“Entertaining but light on spice”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

The place looks and sounds great. If it's your birthday and you want to see the room whipped into a frenzy of napkin flicking and waitress whirling this is your place...(although only expect a candle on a small pastry). The seating is tight and I can understand that is all to do with the atmosphere but my friend is a slim size 6 and she was finding it difficult to negotiate to her chair without disturbing fellow dinners so I (some what larger) decided to keep to the chair on the outside.
The starters were really very nice and as a party of 4 we picked 5 and were happy with sharing. The Cocktails - all ice - 3 sips and done. The Main looked great and we went all out for the Lamb Couscous to share and it was full of quality meat and vegetables but no spice! Nothing. This does seem to be consistent with the reviews below so I would say to Momo yes please review your menu and make sure you are focusing on the authentic north african flavours as well as the experience.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Dear Mary D,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review.

On the birthday note, this is the way that traditional families in North Africa celebrate the birthday of a guest. We do offer birthday cakes for people who want but we do it also for people coming without reservation and just add a candle on a selection of Maghrebin pastries as a gesture (we love birthdays what can I say!).

I will mention your comments on the cocktails to the bar staff but could you please let me know which one you had?

On the spice side of the food, our chef is making our dishes with blend of spices we do in house. Nevertheless North African food is known for its cuisine being made with a lot of spices, not for being spicy. I am not sure if this is what you meant.

We do provide Harissa on the side to compliment the dish to the guest liking. Did you get any?

About the flavours from North Africa, we do get a lot of good comment and some are even saying that our food is better than the one over there (I cannot agree but we are trying our best to improve all the time).

Your comments will be passed on to the Head Chef and we look forward to see you soon at Momo.

Please send me your comments on my personal email: leon@momoresto.com

Thank you again!

Hornchurch, England, United Kingdom
“For me Momo is a nono”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

Me and 4 of my friends visited Momo yesterday, a Wednesday. Ive never been here before and was impressed with the decor and the atmosphere they have created, It seemed chaotic but we were served pretty well by a smiley waitress and others. The food was ok. I cant really comment on the taste because I have a cold but my colleagues were satisfied. Compared to other restaurants we have been to in London the prices were similar , my three courses and a third share of a bottle of wine was 65 quid. What really put all of us off ever returning was the noise level in there. Tables are too closely packed and when full the place is deafening, the musak fights to compete. It would have been nicer with 20% less tables and authentic North African music I think. Id give it 7 out of 10. We seemed the oldest clientele in there so probably appeals more to anyone below the age of 40.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Dear Paul D,

Thank you for the time you took to write this review.

I am sorry that you did not enjoy your experience at Momo.

I do not quite understand what you described "chaotic", but the prices we have reflect the fact that we are serving ONLY food produced on site from scratch (nothing frozen, ready made or produced in some central kitchen in Park Royal like most of the restaurant in London do).

Our ingredient are fresh everyday and carefully source by one of our chef going from market every morning then cooked everyday by our team of 25 chefs.

The closeness of the tables are made to reflect to communal dining that you can experience in North Africa.

On the music side, Momo is known for being the venue in London that brought the World music to a new era (please google our compilations like Arabesque Arba'a 4).

Once more we are very sorry if the Momo atmosphere did not meet your expectations.

Please come and give us another chance!

Cheers

London
“Overpriced and Over The Hill”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Boy, has this place gone down hill. It has the cheek to include 13% Service to bills but doesn't provide it, so should be done under the Trades Descriptions Act. Our perfectly nice waiter effectively apologised for effectively being useless and put it down to "being new". At these prices everyone should be on top of their game. Food was alright but not special. Have been here many times but won't go back. Plenty of other places serving better food and offering a more welcoming atmosphere for a lot less.

Visited August 2013
Dear PMH57,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review.

I am sorry to see that our service was not to the standard we want you to have. We are working really hard to train our waiters.

We normally get good reviews about them. Could you please email me a description of this waiter? My email is leon@momoresto.com.

I serious hope that you will be able to give us another chance.

Just for your information, Momo is just been elected one of the top 50 restaurants in London by Time Out.

Please come and try us again!

Hope to see you soon!

London, United Kingdom
“Tasty food but average value”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

We took a table for four on Tuesday night. The waiter was a surly bloke who didn't say much and plonked the glasses and wine down, but I suppose this wasn't incogrous with the informal and edgy ethnic vibe the place was to create. The atmosphere in reality is just a bit flat. The food was pretty tasty; I particularly enjoyed the pastilla and slow cooked lamb shoulder, but all in all I felt it just a bit pricey for what it was.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
LeonMomo, General Manager at Momo, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Dear Olly_in_grantham,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review and thank you for coming at Momo.

I am sorry to you felt that your meal is pricey for what it was but our 25 chefs are cooking absolutely everything from scratch with a majority of local ingredients (which are not the cheapest).

We do our best to price our dishes to the most fair price.

I wish that we can see you soon and make it up to you!