“Think again if you want to eat here.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Cantina del Ponte

Cantina del Ponte
36c Shad Thames | 36c Shad Thames, London SE1 2YE, England (London Bridge)
+44 20 7403 5403
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Cantina del Ponte is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #445 of 17,940 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Scenic view, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Neighborhood: London Bridge
Description: This lovely riverside restaurant offers all the warmth and welcome of a traditional Italian trattoria, but there's no mistaking the fact that it's in the heart of London - thanks to a spectacular and uninterrupted view of Tower Bridge. With simple, heartly Italian dishes prepared with lots of passion, this is a great spot for lunch and dinner alike. Please be aware that Cantina del Ponte will be open between 12 to 18 on New Year day.
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Think again if you want to eat here.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

I went here with some friends for my partners birthday and we were let down by the average food, we decided to order just starters and decide what we want as for the main course later. the whole time we had what i can only assume was the manager glaring at us the whole time which is not only rude but very unprofessional. this made every one at our table very uncomfortable. We did ask if there was something they could do for my partner as it was his birthday i really wish we had not bothered as the attempt was beyond poor we were presented with a plate that had happy birthday wrote on it and a candle! you don't expect something for nothing but this was really beyond a joke for a restaurant to present as a birthday for a grown man. On top of this when we asked for the bill we were disappointed to find out that they automatically added a service charge on to thankfully this was discretional and refused to pay it. Look for somewhere else before deciding to go here

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Corrado L, Manager at Cantina del Ponte, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Dear Sir/Madam,
I am terribly sorry for your unpleasant experience while dining at Cantina del Ponte recently.
I must apologise if you felt that the manager was glaring at you; I am sure no one was meant to be rude, however I do understand if you felt uncomfortable. I am sorry you didn't enjoy the food either.
I will speak to my team and a Head Chef and we will make sure the situation like this won't happen again in a future.
I would appreciate if you contact me directly on corradol@danddlondon.com so we can discuss this further.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
London
“Smashing lunch venue”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

A very pleasant venue and attentive service. Three of us ate the fixed price lunch here and all enjoyed each course - the food was well prepared, attractively presented and at a bargain price.
We aren't tourists at all but if you are, then the view of the Thames and Tower Bridge are added bonuses which make this restaurant an excellent choice.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Corrado L, Manager at Cantina del Ponte, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Dear Madam,
I am pleased to see that you enjoyed our lunch menu on your recent visit at Cantina del Ponte and thank you very much for posting this very positive feedback online.
I hope we will have you dine with again soon.
Tucker, Georgia
“We went back a second time!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Delicious food, great service, and lovely view of the Thames and Tower Bridge. We first ate there the first night of our trip. When we returned to London, after travelling through the south of England, we returned for our last meal before leaving for home the next day. We walked by several restaurants, to get to Cantina Del Ponte a second time, but it was worth the walk.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Corrado L, Manager at Cantina del Ponte, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Dear Sir/Madam,
I am pleased that you found our food delicious and the service to be great including lovely view of the Thames and Tower Bridge.
I hope you will return to Cantina del Ponte even third time.
Caldwell, New Jersey
“Perfect ending to our London trip!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

Just returned from dinner at Cantina del Ponte on the last evening of our 7 day London trip. Can't say enough about the attentive staff, wonderful food and even the lovely entertainment tonight! Add to that a beautiful view of the Tower Bridge throughout my entire meal on a warm summer evening and .... well what can I say, it was PERFECT! Thank you, Cantina del Ponte, for ending my London visit on a high note!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Dear Sir/Madam,
I am glad to her that you had an amazing dining experience at Cantina del Ponte and that you thought that staff was attentive, food wonderful and that you enjoyed the entertainment and beautiful views!
I hope you will visit us again when returning to London.
London, United Kingdom
“Good choice!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

I have been there with a group of friends and it was really a nice time.
We had a warm welcome from the staff, the food was delicious and the price was worth.
The view was perfect. We could see the marvellous London Bridge!
I would strongly recommend Cantina del Ponte!!!!!

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Corrado L, Manager at Cantina del Ponte, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Dear Madam,
Thank you for sharing your very positive experience from your recent visit at Cantina del Ponte.
I am delighted to see that you thought our food was delicious and price worth.
Thank you for dining with us and I hope to see you again soon.