“A restaurant with a view to match the quality” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Cantina del Ponte

Cantina del Ponte
36c Shad Thames | 36c Shad Thames, London SE1 2YE, England (London Bridge)
+44 20 7403 5403
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Cantina del Ponte is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #390 of 17,879 Restaurants in London
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Scenic view, Romantic, Doing business, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: London Bridge
Description: This lovely riverside restaurant offers all the warmth and welcome of a traditional Italian trattoria, but there's no mistaking the fact that it's in the heart of London - thanks to a spectacular and uninterrupted view of Tower Bridge. With simple, heartly Italian dishes prepared with lots of passion, this is a great spot for lunch and dinner alike. Please be aware that Cantina del Ponte will be open between 12 to 18 on New Year day.
London, United Kingdom
“A restaurant with a view to match the quality”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I have dined here for lunch and for dinner. Both times the service was pleasant and warm, the food of good quality and generous portions, and generally the atmosphere jovial but relaxed.

The location is fantastic on the river at Butler's Wharf and if booking ask for a table by the window so yuo can enjoy the best view in London of Tower Bridge. One of the meals I had was at lunch time and on a deal but I couldn't fault it - ther ewas plenty of choice, good portions and very enjoyable.

It's certainly my favourite Italian restaurant in this part of London.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Corrado L, Manager at Cantina del Ponte, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for posting your feedback online.
I am happy that you thought the service was pleasant and warm and that our food is of a good quality.

The location with the fantastic views along with the great food and service make dining experience in Cantina del Ponte absolutely fabulous.

We hope to see you again in a near future.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Londra, Regno Unito
“Italian restaurant in Shad Thames”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I must say: I love Shad Thames and that helps when it comes to speak about Cantina del Ponte... I have been in the restaurant a bunch of times now and honestly I can't understand why there are so different reviews about this place...
I found the food pretty good: nothing really special but fair. I could say the same of the place, especially in summer with the tables overlooking Tower Bridge.
A little bit worse inside where could be quite noisy.

Prices: reasonable.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Dear Sir,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback online.

I do appreciate your positive comment and I am really pleased to see how much you like dining with us and keep returning to us.

I am glad we never disappoint you and we are looking forward to welcoming you again in Cantina del Ponte soon,

London, United Kingdom
“Good food, excellent location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I love this part of town, and finding a reasonably priced, really good Italian restaurant with superb views over Tower Bridge is a real bonus. The food is very good, wine reasonably priced, ambience great, service attentive and professional, and the views fabulous. Need I say more...?

Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for the very positive comment about Cantina del Ponte.
I am happy you enjoy dining in our restaurant and I hope you will continue on visiting us.
We are looking forward to welcoming you soon again.

Benfleet, United Kingdom
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

I had eaten here on a couple of occasions previously and was impressed, so booked a table for lunch on 19 February with a friend who had travelled from Yorkshire. We were made to feel welcome from the moment we walked in, the staff were friendly and knowledgeable about the menu and wines, and while the service was very efficient, we weren't made to feel hurried in any way. The food was delicious and reasonably priced for the area, with a varied choice. I will definitely be returning soon.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Corrado L, Manager at Cantina del Ponte, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Dear Madam,

Thank you for posting such a positive feedback following your recent visit at Cantina del Ponte,

I am pleased that you enjoyed our food and service and I do hope we will see you soon again,

“Worth a look”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

This was my second visit to this restaurant. Set beside the River Thames next door to Le Ponte de la Tour it has a very buzzy atmosphere. The greeting was warm and the waiters very friendly and efficient. One of our party is a Coeliac (allergic to Gluten) but this didn't faze them.

The food itself is Italian and has some lovely ideas although, like most italian restaurants, it was a bit short of green vegetables. The salted cod on crispy polenta was nicely done as was my friends' beetroot salad and lentil soup. The mains were Salmon and the others had Pork Belly with white beans. For dessert there was Baked Apple, Tiramisu and Panacotta. All were really good though I'm told that the Tiramisu was very rich.

Although this is not a high end restaurant and doesn't pretend to be, the food is good, the service is very good and the atmosphere is very pleasant. Overall, very nice.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Corrado L, Manager at Cantina del Ponte, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Dear Sir,

Thank you for taking time to post such a positive feedback online.

I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed your second visit at Cantina del Ponte and I certainly hope you will be visiting us again soon.