“Above all expectations” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 16,874 restaurants in London
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Description: The first UK restaurant to be awarded one, two, and then three Michelin stars, Le Gavroche remains a class apart. Since opening in 1967, this Mayfair bastion of French cuisine has been very much a family affair, and chef-patron Michel Roux Jr continues the tradition today. The elegance of the menu and the ambience is impeccably tailored, while the discreet service has won its own plaudits.
Brighton
“Above all expectations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

Didn't know lunch could be so emotional. Le Gavroche truly lived up to our expectations and delivered a superb meal with impeccable service. From the moment we stepped in the door we enjoyed the gastronomic experience and came away having enjoyed every course and felt lunch was extremely good value. The icing on the cake was of course when Michel Roux came out and spoke to those seated at every table. Could we fault it...no, would we go again ...most definitely.

92% Recommend
  • Polish first
Bedfordshire
“Just Try this super Restuarant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

We have just come back from Le Gavroche after having had lunch there we do not go often (Not often enough for my taste ) but every time we go we have a super meal the £ 52 lunch is an absolute bargain 3 courses with half a bottle of wine ,water ,Coffee etc. Michel Roux was there and came and spoke to most diners he is positively charming ! Yes there is a 3 month waiting list but it is worth the wait. Gentlemen if you forget to wear a jacket they will find one for you to wear! Ties are not compulsory now. If this puts any of you off, good! I will not have to wait so long for a table next time .

midlands
“Simply the best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Although not a frequent visitor I have been several times and it never lets you down. I was a real pain this time asking to move tables as I was originally given one of the walk in ones by the kitchen door despite having booked three months in advance but I was moved without question or rancour. The food was as usual simply divine. Its not cheap but quality costs and this is quality. It will always be my favourite

Visited July 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Better than excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

I thought this restaurant was going to be overpriced and pretentious before I went. However it really was excellent. The staff were amazing and even Michel Roux himself was utterly irresistible. It is without a doubt one of the best meals/experience I have had.

London
“Dancing waiters!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Upon arrival to celebrate my fathers 60th birthday (reservation was made 3 MONTHS in advance), he was advised that he would need to wear a "dining jacket".....a little bit OTT but whatever.

The food was very pricey but nothing short of delicious. Every dish, every flavour was seriously good.

Would I go back? Only if Michele Jr comes out to say hello!

• Visited January 2013