“Held over a barrel...” 1 of 5 stars

020 7704 8099
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Iznik is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5,412 of 17,879 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Turkish
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
“Held over a barrel...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

Called up and booked a table here and was told I could have the time I wanted (8:45pm). I then asked about a deal that they have with the Gourmet Society (bit like a Taste Card), which was valid that night. As soon as the man on the phone heard me mention it, he told me that I could no longer have my table and would need to come after 9:30.

He clearly didn't want us there if we were going to be saving some money through a deal and would rather mess us around and make us come later than lose any money.

I've been here before and the food wasn't bad, but it certainly wasn't good enough to warrant this kind of mercenary attitude by the restaurant.

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

“Good value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

We've had 2 meals here now and both have been good. Nice atmosphere, simple, local and relaxed. One negative if you sit too close to the front of the restaurant it's a bit cold. So take a scarf!

London, United Kingdom
“delicious food let down by the poor service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

We arrived hungry and expectant. Isnik looks very welcoming, pretty decor, comfy seats. It was 6pm and realised quickly that the staff were about to changeover - not that it improved the surly service. A starter of turkish sausages, freshly made creamy humous and a delicious bulgar wheat salad. The waitresses changed over our new waitress was even more grumpy, avoiding any eye contact. Superb mains washed down with a bottle of red. £60 incl service. Great value and tasty but not sure I would return as they don't really want you there!

• Visited December 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Nice & testy dinner with excellent service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

I just wanted to let you know how much we enjoyed last night. The food was superb. Thank you to you, your wonderful chef and staff for a lovely evening. Again the food and service was excellent.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Nice decor , but food quality poor and service without a smile”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

I first went to this restaurant many years ago and had high hopes it would still be as good as it used to be. All three of us thought the food was of poor quality though we liked the decor. We had a decent bottle of the wine which was not overpriced by Islington standards. Waitress was entirely devoid of personality. The place was virtually empty which should have out us off - you used to have to queue or book to get in here. You would get much better food and service for about the same price at one of the Turkish restaurants in Upper Street, but I suppose if you were starving and stuck in Highbury Barn you might refuel here.

• Visited November 2013