“Good time with friends” 5 of 5 stars

020 7704 8099
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Iznik is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5,079 of 17,041 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Turkish
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
“Good time with friends”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

I have been too this restuarant several times before as I have many Turkish friends in London. The food is the more authentic home style rather than typical kebab, although you can always get your kuzu sis if you want. Excellent rannge of Meze, my favourate being Mucver (courgette frita) and the Bulgar

The real beauty of Iznik is that it takes after its name...Iznik is the city where they make the wonderful Turkish pottery you have seen and the walls are adourned with the most beautiful pieces, plus Sultans Kaftans and other wonderous decor.

In the past I would have recommended this place for a small group or couple, but last week I went with a group for our Christmas party and the owner had been very accommodating moving tables around so we could dance. Had a great time, and our host was making sure everyone joined in and having fun.

Hope to be back soon

London, United Kingdom
“Food is delicious; ambience is authentic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

I was part of the Christmas party last weekend as well. The buffet, consisting of their regular dishes, was varied and delicious. The decor reminded me of places that I have seen while visiting Turkey with its distinctive tiling, pictures and other effects.

I will definitely be returning.

“Very Turkish”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

I'm from Turkey and have been many Turkish restaurants in London, however most of them cook our cuisine with a very European style or whatever they call. I can easily say that if you really know the real taste of Turkish food you will love Iznik's style.
Also the atmosphere is truly authantic and every single piece in there has a real history (not from a corner shop).
I have already recommended many of my friends who miss the real Turkish taste.

London, United Kingdom
“Lovely venue, excellent food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

I've been there recently with a group of friends. The venue rather small but very cosy, with beautiful decor, making you feel you're dining in a little museum of Turkish art! The food was excellent, both in its diversity and quality. The dessert was "only" pieces of baklava but probably the best I've ever had, moist and full of flavour. A friendly and welcoming service enhanced the positive impression further.
I will certainly recommend the venue to my friends and am myself likely to be back soon. Plus it really made me feel like finally visiting the real thing, that is Turkey itself ;-)

London, United Kingdom
“Excellent restaurant, great food and fantastic hosts”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

I recently co-organised a party for 65 people there and had a fabulous evening. The food in Iznik is authentic and very tasty, fresh produce is used for all their salads, I'd recommend the Iznik salad specially and would go across London to have it on a regular basis. The atmosphere in the restaurant is very pleasent and some of the ornaments they have are true museum pieces, so when you go there make sure to have a look around and enjoy the wonderful lamps, maps, plates and other ornaments brought from Turkey to decorate this lovely restaurant.
The owner of Iznik, Adem was very forthcoming and flexible when we came with the request to organise a Christmas party there. The food that was prepared was abundant, diverse and delicious. And we were charged only £22 per head at the hight of the Christmas party season for a variety of at least 10 different dishes.

The resaturant included the entertainment in the price as well and invited an amazing belly dancer who entertained us for over an hour and created an atmosphere where most people were inspired to stand up and dance.

So if you want to organise an unforgetable party and make sure that your guests enjoy some wonderful dishes, choose Iznik-you won't regret your decision.