“Exquisite” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Restaurant Gordon Ramsay

Restaurant Gordon Ramsay
Royal Hospital Road 68 | Chelsea, London SW3 4HP, England (Chelsea)
020 7352 4441
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Restaurant Gordon Ramsay is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 17,145 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Neighborhood: Chelsea
London, United Kingdom
“Exquisite”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

We came for lunch on a damp december day. The set lunch menu is always a good value way to eat at a michelin restaurant and we were not disappointed. Yes, when you add in the wine it's expensive but the food and service were top drawer and well worth it. I particularly liked the Maitre D, Jean-Claude, who was the perfect combination of charming and attentive but never interfering. And Clare Smyth's food (she deservedly got an MBE this year) was fantastic, beautifully made, amazing to look at and fabulous flavours.

Their marketing department did send an impersonal customer satisfaction survey a few days later, a thoughtless act of stupidity but apart from that, it was perfect.

• Visited December 2012

93% Recommend
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Paris
“Excellence to the letter”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

We took lunch here on a fine summer day a few weeks ago. From the first minute, service was outstanding, food was wonderful, decor was fitting. We had the tasting menu which took some time but was truly wonderful. Both my wife and I agreed this was the best we have had to date.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
brighton
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

This is high end classical fine dining at its very best, with superb, friendly and warm service. I ate here several years back, and I clearly remember the maitre d' making me feel very welcome, and he did exactly the same again yesterday. He even offered to show me the kitchen after the meal, but I had to pass because my taxi was waiting. Most definitely the friendliest 3 star restaurant I have been to! And it's looking good after its refurb in February - very cool, calm and relaxing shades in the dining room.

Here's my report on the food...
First I must mention the delicious bread and butter, particularly the onion and bacon brioche and a divine wheaten bread which exceeded my memories of wheaten from my Ulster childhood.
The amuse bouche was a delicate bowl of tomato essence, baby tomatoes and cucumber - the perfect summer introduction to the meal and the skill of the kitchen.
My starter was a fine summery confit salmon and fennel tart, which, although it looked more "rustic" than a traditional 3 star dish, was delicious and flavoursome, and reminded me of Provence. My partner had a good fig and smoked duck salad.
My main was rabbit loin (fantastically moist and tender), wrapped in Bayonne ham and accompanied by a fragrant lentil salad and turnip puree. Really good! The husband had a wonderful dish of cumbrian mutton which was so lean and tender.
Then we both had banana parfait with peanut butter and chocolate which was good, but I found the peanut butter element a bit heavy and clawing, although this was overcome by a glass of Jurancon 2010.

With top quality ingredients and excellent skills from the kitchen, plus the superb service, the £55 lunch menu was good value. The wines though are expensive, but very good.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Mission Viejo, California
“High price for good food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Nice place, food was good not great. The cost was high. service was good but not real helpful. They think more of themselves than they of the people that eat there.

Visited September 2013
Ipswich, United Kingdom
“Very nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

I had a lovely time and dinner,thank you everyone.
I will be back next time when i will visit London for sure!!

• Visited August 2013