“Prestige menu + Wine pairing - the best” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Restaurant Gordon Ramsay

Restaurant Gordon Ramsay
Royal Hospital Road 68, London SW3 4HP, England (Chelsea)
020 7352 4441
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Restaurant Gordon Ramsay is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 18,011 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: French, Italian, Contemporary
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Neighborhood: Chelsea
Description: A must for the culinary connoisseur, Restaurant Gordon Ramsay offers exquisitely simply French cuisine, infusing the senses with subtle flavours, creative flair and a delicate finesse. Combining contemporary elegance, an intimate ambience and unparalleled service, Restaurant Gordon Ramsay has the hallmark of true excellence honoured with three Michelin Stars as of January 2001. The seasonally inspired a la carte menu offers a wide selection of exquisite dishes, ranging from Roasted Fillet of line caught Turbot and Oven Roasted Pigeon from Bresse, to Aged Casterbridge Beef Fillet and Roasted Barbary Duck Breast. The Set Lunch menu also offers equally outstanding quality, including such succulent dishes as Fillet of Daurade Royale, Braised Ox Cheek in red wine, and Roasted Fillet of Pork. Restaurant Gordon Ramsay operates a smart dress code. Jackets are preferred for gentlemen. Jeans, t-shirts and sportswear are not permitted.
Dundee, United Kingdom
“Prestige menu + Wine pairing - the best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Have eaten at Claridges which was excellent, and at Gordon Ramsay's at The London, NYC which was also fantastic, but Royal Hospital Rd is a notch above even these - it is phenomenal. I've tried more than once to get a reservation and failed, I called one day 'on spec' to ask if they had any cancellations which they had thanks to some snowy weather! Lucky us.....

It is quite a bit smaller than I had expected and decorated like most of Ramsay's places in a very neutral/inoffensive style, in fairness, I wasn't there to admire the design! We were greeted warmly and offered a drink as soon as we sat down, then the breads & water offerings.

I've tried the Prestige Menu before in both Claridges and NYC and never felt let down, so I went for the same, the food is simply amazing, worth every cent. Was with a relatively fussy 14-year-old and she too enjoyed everything she had, albeit she just ordered from a la carte. I also went for the wine pairing, and one of the wines was delivered just prior to my salad dish and I didn't like it - the sommelier requested that I try it with the food, and if I still didn't like it he would replace it - that would be why he has the golden grapes, he was spot-on, the wine was excellent when coupled with the food.

The team that served us (you don't get just one waiter!) were excellent and made us feel welcomed and engaged in some friendly back-and-forth banter about the food, the drinks and the dreadful weather, not once was there a 'stuffy' ambiance and the service was on par with the food.

Now this is why they have 3-Michelin Stars, at the end of the meal, I mentioned to my waiter that we'd had an apple tarte-tatin when at Gordon Ramsay's New York and that it was the most amazing dessert I'd ever had, he told me if I wanted it, he'd go ask chef and they'd make it for us - sure enough, it was indeed made and delivered, was spectacular. To be clear, this item did not appear on the menu, they must have had apples for something else and they made me one up there and then, most impressive.

Have to say, it wasn't the cheapest night out I've ever had, but for sure is the most sumptuous food, served in delightful surroundings by particularly well trained staff, if you manage to get a reservation, don't miss this restaurant, best eating experience of my life.

• Visited December 2011

• Greek first
  • Turkish first
Edmonton, Canada
“Incredible - No words can explain it. YOu have to go!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

If you are into fine dining and I am a true foodie, not to mention a Gordon Ramsay fan I booked this restaurant back in May for an October visit. I had to go to the restaurant that made the man who he was. 100% worthy of 3 michelin stars. From the minute we walked in we were taken care of to sitting down at the hotel and throughout dinner service. It was such an incredible hopefully not once-in-a-life time experience. The Maitre'D Jean-Claude is so charming and graced our table quite a few times to chat with us. He offered a kitchen tour which we got to meet the head chef Clare Smyth, we thanked her for a truly wonderful meal and she was nice enough to take a photo. The food was beyond explainable. Wow. The attention to detail and the extras such as the pre-desert drink and the after desert - well more desert - truffles, turkish delight and dry ice is just such a nice touch. I love the fact they don't rush you out and are in no rush to give you the bill. As it should be.

The waiting staff were again, incredible and so charming. They explained every dish to you when served. LOVELY.

Would highly recommend if you are truly wanting a dining experience of 3 Michelin Stars and to be completely WOWED. If you love Gordon Ramsay you will see why he got to where he did because this truly shows you how hard it is to achieve the 3 Stars and what precision is needed from presentation to service in a restaurant. You will also be ruined for life when dining anywhere else!!!!!! ;-)

• Visited October 2012
London
“The best meal I have ever eaten !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

I ate here a few weeks ago with some good friends and have to say it was exquisite ! I have now eaten in pretty much all of Ramsay's restaurants in the uk and a few abroad which have all been fantastic ( apart from Claridges, don't bother ). However you can really see why this has 3 stars !

Service was second to none and as mentioned the food exquisite.

Go for the tasting menu !

• Visited November 2012
London, United Kingdom
“the best...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

This has been definitely one of the best meal I’ve ever had. I’ve choosen the Prestige Menu (7 courses for 125 pounds) while my husband had the Seasonal Inspiration menu (7 courses for 155 pounds) with matching of different wines. Everything has been amazing, the ambience, the vibe, the staff and mainly the food.I recommend you to book with a great advance margin for an experience won’t disappoint you!!!!
At the end of the visit we were invited to visit the kitchen….I consider this as the best restaurant in London!!!

Visited October 2012
Paris, France
“The best I tried in London”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

I had a lunch at Gordon Ramsay as it was already fully booked for evening.

Restaurant is small, but looks nice, very smooth elegance and touch of luxury. Calming.
We had a nice table for two.
Service was friendly, proffessional.
Food was GREAT and also the presentation on the plates - splendid! Really little pictures just to look at them :)

It is expensive, but what to expect from Michelin starred restaurant.

One point to improve - the ladies rest rooms. Small, not comfortable, really you have to sth :)

• Visited October 2012