“Average food, bad service! Stay away!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Enoteca Turi

Enoteca Turi
28 Putney High Street, London SW15 1SQ, England (Clapham / Battersea )
(020) 8785 4449
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Enoteca Turi is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #621 of 16,892 restaurants in London
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: Clapham / Battersea
London, United Kingdom
“Average food, bad service! Stay away!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Really bad, pretentious service. The waiters aren't attentive, they roll their eyes when you call them, they can barely speak English (!!), they take your drinks before you're finished and look like they hate their jobs. The food / portions are just average.

I normally don't quibble over the service charge, but we asked them to remove it because it was so poor.

Not worth the money.

Visited August 2012

85% Recommend
London
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

We booked a table at Enoteca for mothers day. It is a long time since we last went and we had forgotten what a fabulous restaurant it is.

Right from the moment when you are welcomed by the owner, taken to your table, and then given the menu. The wine list is really splendid. There is a wonderful, and unusual, selection of Italian wines which are all excellent.

The menu is very good with a wide selection of regional Italian dishes. The fresh pasta is really excellent and as good as any I have ever previously eaten. All our courses were excellent and the prices while not cheap are reasonable for the quality of food.

The service is excellent, very professional and helpful. The decor looks unpromising from the outside but once inside it is really pleasant and comfortable.

I can really recommend this restaurant which holds its own against any I can think of and very conveneient for anyone is SW London.

• Visited March 2013
London
“Just beautiful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

This was my second visit to Enoteca Turi in Putney, with five of us going to celebrate my wife's birthday.

The food is simply delicious. Well cooked, well presented, sensible proportions - everything about it is perfect. There is also a very good range to choose from, with around six or seven starters, a similar number of pasta dishes and a similar number again of main courses, plus the option of a set menu which is very reasonable.

I chose the artichoke starter and the guinea fowl main course, with a chocolate torte to finish and couldn't fault it.

The wine list is 'extensive' to say the least; it comes in a huge tome so can be a little initimidating if you don't know what you're looking for (like me!), but they helpfully have suggested pairings for many of the food courses, of reasonably priced wine by the glass. Without being too insightful, I have been delighted by my fairly random choices both times I've been.

The atmosphere is more on the formal side than casual, for sure, but it's not at all uptight and is very relaxed. The service is great - very attentive without being intrusive, and the serving staff are clearly human beings and friendly if you want to talk with them (the uptight, aloof waiter model being one that instantly turns me off more formal restaurants).

I would highly recommend Enoteca Turi without any hesitation. Perfect for special events like birthdays, graduations, etc, or if food is a big part of your life. Also, look out for some of the special events they run (e.g. wine tasting nights, seasonal food feasts) - I've not yet been to one, but once again if food is a passion of yours you may find these a great night out.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Supreme food even within the set menue”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

I decided to try this italian restaurant after recommendations from italian friends. Since its not cheap I decided tp try the set lunch menu. I thought there was the risk the options would be the cheapest. But it was a great surprise to find around 5 great options for each course including fish.
All the dishes we tried we just wonderful, including the dessert. Beautiful presentation, outstanding flavours and decent sizes.
Bread and coffee were delicious s well as you would expect in respectable italian restaurants.
The waiter was super nice and relaxed.
The only minus points is for a rather formal armosphere with No background music and lack of interior design.
Menue value is super good. 20 pounds for 2 course meal.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Kingston upon Thames, United Kingdom
“Our first visit here”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

We visited the restaurant on a Wednesday evening. It seemed to have a regular clientele. Overall the service and food were good. Each dish had a recommended wine to compliment it and the wine list was suitably informative. Any serious wine connoisseur would not be disappointed. Our starters and main courses were interesting. However, the seasoning was lacking in some of the dishes. The service was attentive. However, when we were leaving I was just handed my coat which surprised me for a restaurant of this calibre.

• Visited January 2013