“Don't forget the Soufflé” 4 of 5 stars

020 7722 3457
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Bradleys is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #719 of 17,879 Restaurants in London
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Seafood, European, English
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: Jublie Underground 5 minutes away
Description: Bradleys restaurant in London���s Swiss Cottage is the first choice of locals for pre-theatre meals near the Hampstead Theatre or for meals with friends and family in a relaxed atmosphere. And Bradleys has held that place in their hearts for some years. Chef Patron Simon Bradley has a time-honoured recipe for success: highest-quality ingredients, inventive cooking, welcoming staff, spacious dining room with intimate corners. The d��cor is mildly 1930���s-inspired made more serene by a leafy garden. Bradley���s menu is best described as British cuisine with a southern French accent, luring well-fed regulars who include both fortunate locals and in-the-know diners from right across the capital. Chef Bradley has a way with fish, especially chargrilled halibut with leek confit and wild mushrooms, and carnivores and vegetarians are superbly fed, as well. The expansive wine list features over 90 different wines from around the world and has won critical acclaim from the Good Food Guide and a Bib Gourmand from Michelin.
London
“Don't forget the Soufflé”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

This was my first visit to Bradleys, although it is a regular for our friends who visit the Hampstead Theatre just around the corner. It is bright and comfortable unless you have problems with a spiral staircase leading you to their washrooms below.

2 of us went with their £26 three course Set Menu with the emphasis very much on fish.

With so many diners visiting the Theatre the service tended to be a little hurried but that was hardly a fault. Their Mixed Grilled Fish was very good as apparently was the Bream and the Turbot.

The real highlight of our visit was the Apricot Soufflé. This is a Not-to-be-Missed Treat.
This was not part of the Set Menu – but it was one of those once tasted, never forgotten dishes which guarantees we will return.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Somewhat disappointing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

I have known Bradlley to be a fine restaurant with very attentive and obliging staff. Last night I invited a party of 6 for an eveniing meal hoping for a great experience. It was not.

The pre-meal bread & rolls were offered late and were cold, a side dish of green beans - also arrived rather cold and the Clafoutis was overcooked. The service was not overly warm or attentive and in addition the place was rather noisy.

It is of course difficult to suggest what to do about the noise apart from putting down carpets or installing noise damping clads on the walls or ceiling, but resolution of this "set up" issue would be very helpful.

I would need to talk to the owners before taking another party for a meal here.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Don't Eat Here”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

Eating from the pre theatre set price menu was quite the most appalling food I have looked at in many years! The starter was for both my mother and myself rated as mediocre but the main course - whole plaice on the bone - what appeared was a grey, thing on a bone, vegetables were 3 carrots and miniscule portion of samphire - my mother's mushroom/cheese crepes, were burnt offerings with congealed topping and sauce.

The waitresses spoke little English and as for the Manager - think John Cleese Faulty Towers!

• 1 of 5 stars Food
London
“It’s like finding a long-lost friend”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

Although we’re not frequent visitors to the Hampstead Theatre, we’ve often mourned the dearth of decent restaurants in the immediate vicinity. Amazingly, we’ve now found one and – to our shame – it’s been there for 22 years. Bradley’s is perfect for pre-theatre fine dining as it’s literally just around the corner from the arts venue and, as our visits there are likely to increase as the theatre seems to be on a roll, we might be seeing more of the place. Run by eponymous husband-and-wife team Simon and Jolanta, they describe their food as British with a French accent and that’s pretty accurate. My wife’s set lunch at £18.95 for three courses was great value including a starter of tomato and gruyère galette, a main of spinach and mushroom crêpes and a dessert of apricot and almond tart. My dishes included Dorset crab with brown crab croquettes – very good –fillet of sea bream and white asparagus and an excellent cheese board offering a varied French selection. Wines are well-priced with a full range including a cabernet sauvignon from Brazil which we didn’t try but might do after a Brazilian wine-tasting. Sunday lunch looks good there too so why wait for a play to visit?

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Not up to scratch”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

I am a huge fan of Bradley's and I have eaten there a lot over the years. I'd always claimed never to have a poor meal there. But last week I took a friend (I'd raved to him about the restaurant) and the evening was very disappointing. We had the fixed price menu. We both had the fish soup which was good but not special and my friend had the mixed fish dish which he enjoyed. I had the veal holstein which was so tough I couldn't eat it. The cheese board was not very thrilling and the selection was plonked down without any explanation of what the cheeses were.The restaurant was busy but that's not excuse for us being left drinkless for ages. The wine bottle had been taken away and it was impossible to attract the (albeit busy) waiter's attention. I will of course go again but this was a disappointing experience especially as I was trying to impress my friend.

• 3 of 5 stars Food