“Fantastic Dining Experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hakkasan Hanway Place Restaurant

Hakkasan Hanway Place Restaurant
8 Hanway Place, Off Tottenham Court Road, Fitzrovia, London W1T 1HD, England (Oxford Street / Fitzrovia)
+44 20 7927 7000
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Hakkasan Hanway Place Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #428 of 17,939 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Romance, Bar scene, Special occasions
Neighborhood: Oxford Street / Fitzrovia
Description: Hakkasan Hanway Place is the original Hakkasan restaurant. This Michelin-starred Chinese restaurant designed by Christian Liaigre, has re-created the luxurious glamour of the past by combining Chinese history, tradition and architecture. Wooden lattice screens carved out of dark English oak invite discerning guests for a unique dining experience with contemporary cuisine from Chef Tong Chee Hwee. The menu has a strong Chinese ethnic identity with an ethos of Cantonese cooking that will be informed by a progressive approach, underpinned by authenticity rather than traditionalism. The bar has created an innovative range of Asian inspired cocktails that can be enjoyed Thursday to Saturday night at Ling Ling, the late lounge. The Taste of Hakkasan, designed for 2 to 7 people is available 7 days a week during lunch and Sunday-Wednesday for pre or post-theatre dining. Hakkasan Hanway Place have recently launched 'Dim Sum Sundays': a weekly lunch event hosted by resident lounge DJs, available every Sunday from 12:00 until 17:45.
London
“Fantastic Dining Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

My husband and i went here last week as a lastminute thing! Going underground on a sunny evening, I began to feel a bit gloomy! But once in the atmosphere was buzzing. The restaurant was full and exciting. We sat at the side of the restaurant. I had my back to the kitchen so I had the view of the room and my husband the kitchen so we both had something (other than each other) to look at. Started with wonderful cocktails, then went on to wine. Food was absolutely delicious, especially the dessert! Wonderful experience which we both enjoyed.

• Visited June 2014

• Greek first
  • Turkish first
Lima, Peru
“Expectations delivered”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

Best Chinese food in Town. Great buzz and vibrant atmosphere. I went there for dinner with my girlfriend. The place was recommended by our concierge from W Hotel.

• Visited June 2014
Lancaster, United Kingdom
“The food is good but not worth the rest”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

Your entry to the restaurant is heavily checked by a chic door girl with a clipboard who one wouldn't want to cross. The entry to the restaurant is a slope down hill which is delicately scented with incense... and then you get to the restaurant which is in the cellar and feels completely dystopian; loud loud music, dark dark room, many many people, shouting shouting shouting. The waiter is apparently an airborne spirit appearing mysteriously, soundlessly and fast, offering menus -- one has prices, one doesn't, he guesses who's hosting, and as the one guessed as guest, I didn't like that. Even as a guest, I want to know what I'm asking my host to pay. And as a woman, I don't want people to assume who the host is. The food arrived quickly and was tasty but not exceptional. The best thing, oddly, for a chinese restaurant, was the european influenced desert, a fruit parfait of sorts (that's probably the wrong name, sorry, but it was delicious). The ambience though seemed to flavour everything with the need to move on. My feeling is that this place is at the top of its success now. Risk it and wait til it's less fashionable, and you might be able to hear your own chopsticks. We were simply relieved to get out.

Visited July 2014
London
“Still the best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

I used to love hakkasan, and when I worked at a marketing agency in Soho I had both the expense account and the proximity to be able to go a few times a month. So much so that I always booked table 79 because it was the only one that had Vodafone mobile service.

I haven't been for a couple of years, but I went there a week ago, and it was still the most amazing experience, seductive, dark and adventurous, with one of the most creative and extraordinary menus in the world. My generous hosts even ordered crispy duck with caviar, which literally took my appreciation of taste to a new level. Thankfully you don't need to order that dish to have an exceptional combination of dishes.

Yes, still the best, and I'm now looking for another generous host to take me again.

• Visited July 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent Food and Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

Went here with a friend for dim sum sunday! It was an excellent afternoon, with great food and superb service. Vincent was our favourite waiter! He really made us feel like the only diners with his attentiveness.

The dim sum sunday is well worth it! We left feeling stuffed and couldn't finish all the drinks given to us.

Will definitely return again!

• Visited July 2014