“Beatroot rocks” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #3,948 of 18,011 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Vegetarian
Good for: Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Description: Prepared with natural ingredients & lots of care, our concept is simple. We display ten hot dishes, which are inspired from around the globe, together with colourful seasonal salads. Choose a small, medium or large container and our friendly staff team will fill your box to the brim with whatever choice of food you fancy, hey presto! As well as being Vegetarian, most of our food is Vegan. So, if your diet is dairy free you have a great choice at Beatroot. We also cater for wheat-free and gluten-free diets…ask a member of staff for details. We also offer a fab selection of smoothies and juices, which are made to order using the freshest ingredients. Our cakes and flapjacks are all baked by us and we serve great organic, fair-trade coffee, plus teas and herbals.
London
“Beatroot rocks”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

Do yourself a favour when you're next in Soho and make a beeline for Beatroot. Order a box of veggie shepherd's pie with a side of beetroot salad and a veggie sausage roll on the top. I guarantee you'll be back for another dose before the week's out. I say shepherd's pie, but you seriously can't go wrong with the dahl, curries, moussaka, stir fry, and all those gorgeous salads - they all pretty much vie for my attention every time I go there.
Lovely staff, reasonable prices, amazing selection of food and juices and, above all, delicious through and through!

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Brussels, Belgium
“Very tasty, but not organic”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

My girlfriend and I recently discovered the Gerson Therapy book, so I was very interested in trying out Beatroot's offerings. We visited twice, choosing different vegetable and fruit juices, and a box mix too. The food was delicious, and the juices were tasty too. Since the Gerson Therapy hammers home the need to use vegetables that have been grown naturally, I asked someone at the counter whether their ingredients are organic. Unfortunately, they are not. Still, eating or drinking the juices on offer at Beatroot definitely beats consuming anything more conventional.

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom
“Excellent value veggie food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

I've eaten here twice now and each time I have been amazed by how good value this cafe is. I ordered the medium box which they absolutely crammed full of different hot and cold dishes. Yes, it can be a bit weird having all the dishes smooshed up together but actually it all tastes good so it doesn't matter too much. There is a good selection of hot and cold dishes, e.g. beetroot salad, carrot salad, pearly barley & lentil salad, shepherd's pie, vegan sausage rolls, lasagne, mixed bean chili, spinach and lentil dhal. I've tried a lot of these and they are all pretty tasty, nothing mind-blowing but for the value it can't be beaten. Only criticism: they could do with changing the menu and perhaps being a bit more inventive with some of the dishes. Overall great though.

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Abertawe
“Very tasty vegetarian food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

A great selection of vegetarian dishes to choose from or to mix and match should you desire.

One thing about mixing and matching, particularly with wet food is that it's all served in one box which I would imagine can be off putting to some, but upon tasting I had terrific food here. the sausage rolls, butter bean casserole, the feta salad, the sweet potato stew (I think that's what it was, otherwise it was the best carrot I ever ate) all delicious. Flavours are full and vibrant and not an overcooked thing in sight. I don't like the wooden forks either but their smoothies are great and well priced. Perfect for a hot day in London.

• Visited May 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“put off by initial view”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

I have to make it clear that we didn't actually eat here -- and so the rating doesn't reflect the food itself. Beatroot is a cute little place right in the middle of Berwick Market. The food range is salads plus comfort food = cheese or no cheese sauce things and quiche. The problem is that it's all delivered in boxes (small, medium or large) -- whether eating in or eating out -- which means you have all the food dumped together-- ok, kind of the way it will end up in your stomach, but is that attractive? Leon, by comparison, does also serve food in cardboard boxes but these have more lateral space so at least resembles a plate.
However, it's cheap and the food is probably fine.

Visited April 2012