“Perfect for date night or group celebration” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Asia de Cuba

Asia de Cuba
45 St. Martin's Lane | St. Martin's Lane Hotel, London WC2N 4HX, England (Covent Garden)
020 73005588
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Asia de Cuba is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,383 of 17,052 Restaurants in London
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Covent Garden
Cross street: Long Acre
Transit: Leicester Square, Charing Cross, Covent garden, Picadilly Circus
Description: For global travelers with a cultured palate and a love of variety, Asia de Cuba restaurant, overseen by renowned international restaurateur Jeffrey Chodorow, combines elements of Asian and Cuban cuisine served sharing-style in a high energy London restaurant. Housed n a dramatically colonnaded space, Asia de Cuba's innovative menu is matched in its surroundings by a dramatic series of soaring art columns.
London, United Kingdom
“Perfect for date night or group celebration”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014

My husband and I visited Asia de Cuba after booking the tasting menu online for a slight discount with glass of champagne - it was a fun and tasty date night!

Every dish was filled with a variety of flavours and multiple dishes were served at a time to share and taste a variety of items on the menu. In particular, the ahi tuna main with wasabi mash was spectacular as well as the donuts for dessert!

Although we had the tasty menu there are still so many items on the a la carte menu that looked delicious that we would like to try on our next visit back.

The decor is also really cute and atmospheric - I recommend for a special date night or for celebrating an occasions such as a birthday with a group. The Light Bar located next door is great for drinks before hand or after as well.

For two people our bill was 140 and that was with a discounted online tasting menu and 2 drinks (1 wine, 1 beer) - very good service and food but a tad overpriced I'd say.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
RoxanneMHGC, Guest Relations Manager at Asia de Cuba, responded to this review, May 1, 2014
Thank you Brooke E for your sharing your comments of Asia de Cuba at St Martins Lane.

We would have to agree that Asia de Cuba and our Light Bar are great for romantic dates and large groups celebrating.

We hope to welcome you and your husband back for another special dinner and please e-mail myself at Roxanne.thompson@mhgc.com when you have another reservation date in mind.

Derbyshire, United Kingdom
“Fabulous meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

I recently met a friend in London and we stopped at St. Martin's Lane Hotel and had a meal at Asia de Cuba. I ave food intolerances and the staff were so friendly and helpful. They made changes to the menu for me and the food was delicious. My friend said his was really good too. The portions were huge but we managed to share a chocolate brownie for dessert which was a nice finish to a great meal. Very attentive service the whole way through and they had remembered that I had food intolerances as soon as we walked in. I would certainly eat here again when visiting London. Top marks for food and service!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
RoxanneMHGC, Guest Relations Manager at Asia de Cuba, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Thank you uktripfan for your fabulous review of Asia de Cuba at St Martins Lane.

We take dietary requirements very seriously and want all our guests to have a chance to sample our great flavours regardless of any food intolerances. I am happy that we were able to cater to your needs and the service was so attentive.

Please e-mail myself at Roxanne.thompson@mhgc.com so that I can oversee your next visit
London, United Kingdom
“A great return to a restaurant landmark”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

am a very regular customer , but last time I was in Asia de Cuba I had a bad experience with both service and food. But as always loyalty is won after a great gesture of customer service rights a wrong.
I was invited by the Manager to dinner as a token of confidence from a regular customer and to try to prove that the last negative experience was an exception and I have to say he did an stellar job.
This time service was great, food was great and overall everything came right as it use to be in this great restaurant. So thank you and you have won me back

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Thank you Rickyspa1 for your review of Asia de Cuba at St Martins Lane.

It is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your visit and your faith in us has been restored. We are so proud to have such loyal guests and look forward to welcoming you back to Asia de Cuba another time. Please get in touch with me directly at Roxanne.thompson@mhgc.com so I can assist you with your next booking.
“Surprisingly good value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

Had a great pre-theatre dinner here at the weekend. £27 for three courses is excellent value, and it was definitely better quality than you'd normally expect from a set menu. Fusion can be a scary word, but the flavour combinations really worked. My generously portioned starter of calamari with bitter leaves and banana was a winner, and my main of tuna with wasabi mash, although less generously portioned, was equally delicious. I was also impressed with the wine menu, and surprised at how many bottles came in under the £30 mark.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
RoxanneMHGC, Guest Relations Manager at Asia de Cuba, responded to this review, April 10, 2014
Thank you BennyBoi for taking the time to share with us such wonderful comments about Asia de Cuba at St Martins Lane.

We are glad that you joined us for some great fusion treats, please contact me at roxanne.thompson@mhgc.com when you are free to be impressed by us again
Asker
“Excellent and creative food and excellent service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

Asia de Cuba combines all you want from a restaurant: Excellent and creative food, excellent service and an elegant but cosy atmosphere. The waiter "warned" us that the portions are so big, that he recommanded sharing. That was a good advice. We were three persons and ordered two starters, two main courses and one dessert. We couldn't finish any of them. That may sound strange since the food was extremely delicious, but we had to make room for the rest of the meal. The waiters also suggested a pinot noir that was a good combination with the food. All the dishes were delicious and somehow different from what I have tasted in other restaurants.
The service were excellent: Not too pushy, good advices and the waiter made us feel at home. I will recommand this restaurant to all my friends going to London in the future.
PS: Try the dessert "Bay of Pigs" if you still have room in your stomach

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Thank you SiriB for your excellent review and glowing recommendation of Asia de Cuba at St Martins Lane.

Please save some room for more of our Bay of Pigs and we look forward to more pictures from you on your next visit. Please contact me at roxanne.thompson@mhgc.com when you would like to make another reservation.