“Fast Service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Wagamama - Covent Garden

Wagamama - Covent Garden
1 Tavistock Street, Covent Garden, London WC2E 7PG, England (Charing Cross / Trafalgar Square)
+44 (0)20 7836 3330
Neighborhood: Charing Cross / Trafalgar Square
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Fast Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

There's perhaps not much point in going into that much detail about the food; we all know what we're getting here, don't we? A better-than-average, wide range of Japanese dishes - the same for any Wagamama you come across regardless of location.

My 4 star rating is born out of the fact that they make the same amount of effort for lone diners as they would a group. A nice and well-appreciated touch when you're in London on a business trip on your own.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

• Korean first
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Third visit.. would 100% go back for a 4th.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

Amazing food, friendly service.
The only down side was that the wait was quite long. But the food was worth it!

Visited February 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Fine for young families and young people”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I went with the family on Mothering Sunday because we needed somewhere central and which my teenaged girls would enjoy. I was very impressed at first by the cleanliness, the friendly and helpful service, the speed of delivery and the presentation of food. It's a very family-friendly place. the tables are set out like a decent college canteen with benches and six places to a table. The green tea is free and a fresh fruit juice costs £3.50 with a large bottle of beer at about £6.00. The food isn't expensive and there's plenty of variety. There were plenty of young people there and the atmosphere is fine for the kind of place that it is. However, I have to say that the food isn't exactly what I really like. We shared a sushi for starters at £7.50 and it was interesting enough; there were 11 pieces and 3 pieces of smoked salmon - and the wassabi was very hot!! I had a bowl of chicken and pork (which was rather fatty) with noodles and veg in vegetable stock. There was plenty of it and I shouldn't really complain (except for the the fat) but there you go. Perhaps I should have had a curry.

I've said some good things and I've had reservations about it but I can honestly say that many young people would love it (both my girls did) and it won't cost them a lot. Children would also take to something on the menu as well so I'm not going to try to put anyone off. Perhaps I'll give it another try one day...but perhaps I won't.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Bolton, United Kingdom
“Yummy food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Wagamama is always good value for money. The food was excellent, fast service - different dishes do appear unpredictably, but none the worse for that.
We even got a plate of free starter - no idea why. The pinot grigio was very drinkable and we all enjoyed the food.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Swansea, United Kingdom
“Convenient location but service too slow.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

The service was very slow compared to my previous visits. There was no queue at 5pm but by the time we left at just after 6 the queue was right up the stairs. The noodle dishes were fine but we did not enjoy the dumplings.

Visited March 2013