“Mixed experience at Santini” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Santini Restaurant

Santini Restaurant
29 Ebury Street, London SW1W 0NZ, England (Victoria)
+44 (0)20 7730 4094
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Santini Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,889 of 17,944 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: Victoria
Description: "Definitely a place to be seen. Owner Gino Santini serves up fabulous Italian fare with a Venetian flavour. Elegant and sophisticated atmosphere with lots of fresh flowers. Lots of home made pasta - fresh ravioli with ricotta and spinach, spaghetti with fresh lobster, risotto with seafood,tagliolini with crab.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Mixed experience at Santini”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

I'm very torn by my feelings writing this review. The food and wine was faultless - my colleague and I both had the stunning whole lobster spaghetti followed by tiramisu. This is probably the best Italian food I've had in London. However, the reason for my mixed feelings is because of the service. I have since my visit looked at the website and feel certain that the likes of Bill Clinton and Tom Cruise didn't receive the service that we did. The waitress was sullen and grumpy and when she didn't understand a question we asked, she looked at us like we were aliens from a different planet, rather than visitors with Scottish accents. She then managed to smash a glass from our table at the foot of my colleague and didn't so much as apologise. The Maitre d', however, was very apologetic and offered us our wine on the house. I have, of course, received service like this elsewhere but guess I was expecting more from somewhere with such a reputation. The food made up for it though, and I guess I would return anyway because such sublime offerings are not that commonplace.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Beausoleil, Monaco
“One of the best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012 via mobile

A fabulous restaurant serving delicious food with great staff. In summer make sure you sit on the terrace - you'll never want to leave. One of my absolute favourites.

Solana Beach, California, United States
“If it's good enough for Frankie..”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

Stopped there for dinner with my two children (14 and 10) on a very warm August night. The kids insisted on sitting inside, since it was air conditioned, and that turned out to be a great choice, as we got the full attention of the Maitre d.
The Insalata 'Santini' (Mixed leaves, buffalo mozzarella, melon, strawberries, toasted almonds and sherry dressing), which was simply mouth waterring and very refreshing, and the duck ravioli was simply incredible.
The location of the restaurant (close to Victoria station, and Buckingham palace) makes it a popular place for people spotting - I am told that this was Frank Sintara's favorite Italian restaurant in London.
Service was great, food was fantastic, and the prices matched that experience.

Visited August 2012
“Couldn't fault it-excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

Crisp decor and ambience. Staff are efficient, knowledgeable and unobtrusive. Food was exciting and perfectly prepared and presented. Excellent choice of wines. Prices are higher than average but this standard has high costs and I don't mind paying for high quality.

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Great evening to spend an extraordinary warm london evening”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012 via mobile

Great food, great outdoor location and great atmosphere was not destroy a mediocre service. Fantastic outoor dining area. Try lobster salad or solbser pasta

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere