“Very Italian, in the Heart of London” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Da Corradi

Da Corradi
22 Shepherd Market, London W1J 7QJ, England (Mayfair / St James's / Piccadilly / Green Park )
(020)-7499-1742
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1,927 of 17,938 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: Mayfair / St James's / Piccadilly / Green Park
Australia
“Very Italian, in the Heart of London”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

Compact Italian trattoria-style, tucked away in Shepherd Market.
Apparently family-owned and run for generations (although I suspect they all say that).
We were quite happy with our meals and the prices; it's traditional Italian in décor and menu, and the servings are very generous.
We would go back.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Whitstable, United Kingdom
“Always great food and service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

This is a favourite place to go when I'm staying in London. I go usually for breakfast, though I have also eaten lunch and dinner there. It is tucked away but worth finding. You get the best scrambled eggs and smoked salmon and hot buttered toast, fresh orange juice properly juiced from real oranges. Consistently great food through all the years I have been going. All round, nice people, service and atmosphere.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Maidenhead, UK
“Small, Intimate, Traditional”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

Small place, tucked away in Shepherd Market, Mayfair.

A few tables outside, inside is small and cosy.
The menu is traditionally Italian. I had a simple dish, spaghetti, with garlic, olive oil and chilli - very nice and well done.

Side salad, good and simple.
Garlic bread is fantastic.
Prices for Mayfair and reasonable
Service was good, not too obtrusive.
I would go again.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
New York City, New York
“Not Impressed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

As we were staying right down the road, we visited this restaurant twice last week. Once for breakfast and once for dinner. Unfortunately I was not impressed on either visit.

Food:

Breakfast: Just...okay. Scrambled eggs were bland, oatmeal was under cooked, fruit was not ripe, toast was okay (but how hard is it to make toast?) My MIL ordered an omelette with potatoes and she said it was delicious.

Dinner: Bruschetta was tasty but I've had better bruschetta at Strada and Caluccio's. I also ordered a shrimp appetizer which was mushy and came mixed with far too much mayo. Other people in my part ordered pizza and salmon. No serious complaints but nobody was too thrilled with their food either.

Service:

Our server at breakfast was nice but struggled with English and messed up our order. I think the owner/manager got upset with her .... I felt bad. For the most part service is fine.

Ambiance:

This place could use a bit of a face lift and/or a good clean.

I don't like leaving such a negative review but I can't think of too many good things about this place. I probably won't return.

Visited June 2013
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Brilliant Italian Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

Had dinner in this restaurant with family. The atmosphere was excellent, small restaurant with tables near each other makes for a lively dining experience.

The food was great, good sized portions and was well cooked with all the Italian staples being on offer. For a restaurant in Mayfair the price is very very reasonable and the staff are friendly and welcoming.

We will be back next time we visit London.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere