“Fresh brewed coffee for breakfast” 4 of 5 stars
Review of LSE Passfield Hall

You added LSE Passfield Hall to your Saves list
LSE Passfield Hall
3.0 of 5 Hostel   |   1-7 Endsleigh Place, London WC1H OPW, England (Bloomsbury)   |
Ranked #150 of 684 Specialty Lodging in London
Neustadt an der Weinstrasse, Germany
“Fresh brewed coffee for breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

That was really great: Freshly brewed coffee for breakfast instead of machine stuff. The room was a bit worn and my stay would have been most enjoyable had I known the advice I give at the end (i.e. garden side). The staff was polite and helpful, even giving ideas for future stays in town. A Boris bike station close by with easy access to the sights around (get yourself the newest "cycling in Central London" and docking stations maps before going bonkers in the oneway system). The WLAN was free at my stay though the registration process was a bit cumbersome. Worth a try.

Room Tip: No lift to third floor. Ask for garden side (quieter and not so much heating up during the day)
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Salem, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

The staff at Passfield has gone above and beyond the call of duty to accommodate my mobility handicap. The building is old and not ideally suited for disabled but with their help I have made a go of it. Don't expect a 5 star hotel, this is a COLLEGE DORM. You can rent wifi connection, but there is no air conditioning and no TV's in the room. I stayed here in August and September 2013 and was quite comfortable with an electric fan operating in my room. It is located very near Euston train station with many connected bus routes making it very convenient to get around London. It is in a quiet neighborhood (unless they are doing remodeling nearby) and there are shops and restaurants nearby.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Warrington,England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

My wife & I just spent a weekend at Passfield Hall, and doubt if we could have found better accommodation in London for anywhere near this price. Everywhere, from the rooms, communal areas like showers, and the dining areas were clean and well maintained. The showers were good, and there was always plenty hot water, and clean towels provided.
The choice and quality of the breakfast was good with more than enough selection of both cooked items and cereals/fruit etc to suit us. They do get a bit off if you dont take all your breakfast items at once.
The location is great too - handy for Euston, Euston Square, Russell Square and not too far from Kings Cross - plus the many restaurants in the area, and attractions such as the British Museum and Foundling Museum.
If you don't mind the fact that rooms are not en suite, don't have double beds or televisions this is great accommodation at a great price.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Stephanie S, Manager at LSE Passfield Hall, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor.

We value all our customer feedback as this gives us an opportunity to monitor our service and identify areas for improvement in the future.

I am glad you enjoyed your recent stay with us at Passfield Hall and that you appreciated our great value for money rates. I will be sure to pass on your comments about cleanliness to the Housekeeping staff who work very hard to ensure all guests have an enjoyable stay.

I very much hope that you will stay with us again next time you are thinking about taking a break in London.
Launceston, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Passfield Hall was easily accessible by train from Heathrow. Instructions provided on how to find the Hall were faultless. We easily walked into London central from Passsfield. In fact we did not use the train except for arrival and departure, all our destinations - including Buckingham Palace - were within walking distance. Our stay was for 3 nights. A twin room, comfortable beds, lovely and clean and plenty of windows; a kitchen 2 doors down the hall. Great

Room Tip: No elevator available so choose ground or first floor where possible. If you are fit, other floors...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

I stayed at Passfield Hall with my 2 children for a four night stay. The staff were really friendly and helpful, our triple room was spotless and the breakfast couldn't be faulted. The location was brilliant, right next to Euston so wherever you decided to visit it was always very easy to get back. We would highly recommend it, I wouldn't think twice about staying here again.

• Stayed August 2013
Maldon, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

This was our second time staying at a LSE accommodation, so we kind of knew what to expect. We arrived at what we thought was the normal check in time of 3pm, but were told that because students were moving out, we couldn't check in until 5pm. This wasn't really a problem,we just had to change our dinner plans slightly as we had an early theatre booking. Once we were shown to our room, we were very pleasantly surprised - the room was huge!! It had 5 sets of windows and was very airy and bright. I was a bit worried about having to 'share' the facilities (due to a mix up in the booking process), but it was fine. There was a toilet/shower just down the hall from our room but the light wasn't working in the shower, so we had to use another, this wasn't a problem. In fact even though the building was entirely full, I didn't see anyone in the halls. After a quick shower, we were off out so didn't spend much time in our room. Breakfast was fine, although someone needs to rethink the 'toaster situation' as it is a nightmare to try and get your toast done before your breakfast gets cold - lol!! We were able to sit out in the courtyard garden which was very pleasant. Of course I would prefer to stay in a 5* posh hotel, but hey this is London and prices are astronomical, so needs must. I will save the 5* hotel stays for cities like Barcelona and Rome where it is more affordable. :-)

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
St Helens, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

I've just had a long weekend in London to watch the Rugby League Challenge Cup Final with some friends. One of the other guys booked it for us on a budget as we needed nothing special and I was therefore expecting a real no frills accommodation. Well I must say I was pleasantly surprised; the rooms were basic but clean and well maintained. The separate WC and shower facilities were also clean and the reception staff were pleasant to deal with. The only minor gripe I would have is that the rooms (single - by choice) were extremely warm for sleeping in but we were provided with fans to help keep us cooler - it is summer I guess!. So overall, if you are looking for a budget accommodation of a good standard and are happy to share washroom facilities I would most definitely recommend Passfield Hall.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Been to LSE Passfield Hall? Share your experiences!