We have just returned from a 3-night stay at this hotel where we had booked two rooms. On the positive side, it's fantastically close to so many great sights, the staff were friendly and helpful and everything was very clean. On the negative side, one room was extremely warm even though we turned the temperature right down. We ended up switching off the AC and opening the window. In the other room, there was the opposite problem - it was extremely cold. We asked the reception staff to call someone to fix it, which they did, but it remained cold. There are no duvets on the beds, only a sheet and a quilted covering, which didn't provide much warmth. Also, both rooms were non-smoking, but there was a definite smell of smoke at night - probably from the room next door - but of course the hotel can't be blamed for that.
This hotel wasn't cheap, so we were expecting the rooms to have a higher standard. It doesn't help that the colour scheme used is dark brown.
We didn't eat breakfast at the hotel, but chose to try different places. We can highly recommend the National Café at the National Gallery for lovely breakfasts - it's just a short walk away. We also had breakfast at the British Museum, which was also great.
To sum up then, it was OK, but we would choose to stay somewhere else when visiting London again.
- Also Known As:
- The Grand At Trafalgar Square Hotel
- The Grand At Trafalgar Square Hotel London
- Grand At Trafalgar Square London
- The Grand At Trafalgar Square London, England
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand at Trafalgar Square is a full service hotel with 63 rooms located in the beautifully restored historic Northumberland House on Northumberland Avenue. Minutes to Trafalgar Square, Buckingham Palace and close to Big Ben and the Houses of Parliament. The Grand at Trafalgar Square is the best value hotel based on quality and prime location. The Grand at Trafalgar Square provides:• Safe, restricted entry• Instant registration and check out• Free high speed internet access throughout the hotel• Onsite restaurant • Multi-menu in room dining options (through onsite restaurant and many local restaurants)• Refrigerator and microwave available• Unlimited complimentary chilled purified bottled water • 10 meeting and event rooms available (maximum reception style 1000 people)• Free use of computer/printer • Ergonomic workstations• State of the art guest rooms with premium bedding• Contemporary furnishings• Flat panel HD TVs• Complimentary coffee and tea• 24 hour guest service desk • Fitness room • Exercise equipment delivered to guest room upon request • Corporate Apartments available • Value rates. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Otel, Travelocity and Venere so you can book your The Grand at Trafalgar Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.