“Worst hotel ever” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Chester Hotel

You added Chester Hotel to your Saves list
Chester Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   27-29 Longmoore St | Victoria, London SW1V 1JQ, England (Victoria)   |
Ranked #833 of 1,066 Hotels in London
Caceres, Spain
“Worst hotel ever”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

I stayed here last weekend and it´s been the worst hotel experience ever. Staff were very rude, unfriendly and unpolite. We were waiting for our room for an hour (also you can´t leave the bags in reception, they make me leave them in a corridor) and we we arrived there, what did we find? A small and cramped room with a microscopic bathroom. No towels, no toiletries were given... Just some bleach, bathroom cleaner and an sponge (I got pictures about it). I went to reception to give the key because we were going to explore London and he didn´t even care about it... They were just talking in their language watching a TV programme and eating in front of customers!!! UNBELIEVABLE!! We were walking the whole day in London so we went back I was feeling so tired that I couldn´t be bother to speak with him. I said two times Good night, no answer was given. We were thinking about staying one more night but after the nightmare we went thought so we booked another bed and breakfast in the same area, staff was much nicer and attentive. Train your staff some manners because we are paying your wages!!!

Room Tip: Don´t even try...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Bergen, Norway
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

I would not recommend staying here unless it was at a very cheap price. The hotel is over-priced.

Cons: Over-priced, in very bad condition, run down, rude staff (I thought the other reviews were being fussy on this point), sewer gas backing up, and had a drunken man attempt to break down our door at 4am. I hate it when you stay in a place and it makes you feel dirty.

Pros: near the Victoria tube station. However, there are far nicer places to stay AT THE SAME PRICE nearby.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

Unbelievably bad hotel and very expensive. Tiny room with utterly disinterested receptionists who cannot speak English. You have to stand sideways to get in the shower which is in the bathroom which is in a cupboard off the shoebox bedroom. No plug in bathroom and TV remote did not work. Complimentary soap was half used and out back in box as if new. Just awful and embarassing to be advertised as a hotel in Britain. Do not go there

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
West End, southampton, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

After 8 phone calls and a promise of 4 ring backs as person could not answer my queries, i managed to actually speak to someone!!!!! who was rude and blunt!!!! In a good area for travel to central London but, the room we stayed in was very small and the en suite camper van size??? The hotel was clean, but the staff could do with some lessons in manners, our electrics went off on Saturday afternoon and was told they would not call electrician until Monday??? this was obviously no good to us, suggested they look at the fuse box, which they did and electrics came back on, so perhaps more training is required in this area to??? I personally would not stay here again as for £90 a night there are much better places which do include breakfast, and another thing this hotel is advertised as hotel BnB.

Room Tip: From the rooms that i saw, they were all pretty small, the en suite tiny.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Hampshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

Just got back from a 2 night stay. Got the booking on late rooms @£90 per night. My Trip was part business part leisure. So I wanted something which was suitable. Location-excellent Cleanliness - ok Staff - could do with a little more awareness. Manager was shaving behind the reception when I checked out. He said in an East European accent 'you checking out' I said 'yes' 'just leave the key mate'
As I said it ain't the Ritz but it's alright

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Leeds, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here for two nights and loved it warm welcome very close to centre of london i stayed in room on pictures and to be honest i didn't go to london to see the back garden and there's plenty of places to get breakfast in london cheap will book here again :-)

• Stayed June 2012
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012

My partner and I stayed here for just one night. It is very central, which was the main reason we chose it. Upon arrival, we noticed the man and lady behind the reception desk giggling and saying something in their own language, which made us feel uncomfortable as we felt it was aimed at us. However, we ignored it and went to our room, which I must say was decorated well. The bed was very comfortable and having the coffee-making facilities there was also a nice touch. The bathroom is tiny, but as we were staying just one night it didn't bother us too much. For the price we paid £50 for a double through laterooms I am satisfied with the hotel and its convenient location. I just think staff should welcome guests more professionally.

Room Tip: we stayed in room 13 which was pleasantly decorated.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Chester Hotel? Share your experiences!