Stayed one night and found the venue central and easy to find. Odd entrance arrangement with me and all successive guests confused by requirements - must push the button on the pedestal in the street and when the speaker beeps and the light flashes, then take the few steps forward to the door and pull door handle to find which one the virtually invisible front desk reception has opened for you. There's no speech from the pedestal. Once inside up the steps to the reception.
The hotel reception staff were great and showed me to my room and the upgrade I enquired about. The corridors were lovely and clean and well decorated. The single room was fine; clean and tidy. The upgraded room on top floor was not to much more and included the widest bed I've ever seen and a few comfy chairs and smart work desk. I didn't need to but upgraded anyway... why not for a bit of fun!
Found that the ensuite was a plastic cubicle pod thing with a shower and sink included. A bit small but quite acceptable given the room rate/value.
After returning from my night out I found that while there was tea and coffee provided, the room seemed to be missing a kettle and cups. Too late (cough early!) to ask at reception.
Lovely comfy firm bed and very pleasant nights sleep.
Thank you LSE Northumberland Avenue. I shall be back again. Affordable, clean and very comfortable.
Time to get up and try the plastic shower pod!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Northumberland House provides great value self-catered accommodation in a magnificent Grade II listed building just off Trafalgar Square.The accommodation is perfectly placed for all of the tourist attractions in central London- theatres, museums, galleries, Covent Garden and Regent Street are all within easy walking distance.With its historic building, great location, affordable prices and modern facilities (including en-suite throughout), Northumberland House is one of the most attractive places to stay in central London ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your LSE Northumberland House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- London School Of Economics Northumberland House Hotel London
- LSE Northumberland House London, England