“What a find!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Park Plaza County Hall London

You added Park Plaza County Hall London to your Saves list
Park Plaza County Hall London
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Addington Street, London SE1 7RY, England (Waterloo / South Bank / Southwark)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book now & save up to 20%
Ranked #105 of 1,065 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“What a find!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

Very good. Some confusion because of the other Park Plaza in the neighbourhood and the Marriott County Hall but once that was sorted, Park Plaza was a very pleasant surprise. Very good value for London. Room composed of bedroom, kitchenette and sitting room as well as ensuite. Way to go Park Plaza, keep it up!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
PPCHLondon, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza County Hall London, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Greg038

Thank you very much for your positive impressions of the hotel. We try to really meet all the wishes of our guests. Best wishes from the entire team at Park Plaza County Hall and we invite you to visit us again very soon!

Blessing Tavaya

Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (673)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Plymouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

The last time we stayed here I complained that the overall experience was not what I would be entitled to expect at the price. I am delighted to say that the general manager Mr Simon Mahon took up my complaints personally and has ensured that the problems I identified have been fixed.

The catering staff have now been retrained on food intolerances and my gluten free requirements were not only catered for, but proactively anticipated. We enjoyed lovely meals and received superb service throughout the weekend, and were confident this time that my medical dietary concerns were being carefully considered and addressed.

As before, an unqualified thumbs-up for the lovely, friendly, reception and door staff. Our room was comfortable, bright, spacious and well-equipped - this one was quiet too (facing Waterloo station and the Shard).

We would be confident to return here and are glad that we gave PP the chance to show us how good they can be.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
PPCHLondon, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza County Hall London, responded to this review, March 22, 2014
Devon1964,

I am delighted to read that the team was able to ensure you enjoyed your recent stay with us.

I am also happy that our previous General Manager, Simon Mahon, was able to ensure the problems you identified were rectified.

I do hope that you will make us the hotel of your choice when staying in London and that we continue to meet and exceed your needs.

Thank you.

Wiltshire, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

When we arrived at this hotel we was greeted and served instantly the whole process was swift and painless new experience!. This was our first visit to Park plaza.All staff are professional, friendly and provide exceptional high levels of service throughout this hotel.Our room was very spacious tastefully decorated very clean and had a gorgeous stunning view with a impressive wow factor! Can't wait to return ASAP!! Thanks very much.

• Stayed March 2014
PPCHLondon, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza County Hall London, responded to this review, March 21, 2014
Gushamish,

I am pleased that you were greeted and assisted promptly upon your arrival and that you loved your room!

It's great that you cannot wait to return!

Orange Beach, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

Stayed here on business for a week in March. It is the older sister of the two Park Plazas in the area of Waterloo. I stayed in room 1102 (standard room) which had an ok view of the London Eye and a pretty good view of Big Ben in the distance. I recommend staying in a corner room like this one for double window views at the same price as single window view rooms. The hotel does have inner rooms that look down through the hotel, I don't recommend these as there are no outside windows. Some of my colleagues had these rooms and were not satisfied. Some of us had to wait for our rooms to be ready, which we are already exhausted from the long plane ride over the pond. Rooms were still not ready 2 hours after checkin. Oh well, they gave us vouchers for a free drink at the hotel bar! Ha. Anyway, after I get into my room it's modern and cozy. I only thing I did not like is that the shower only had half of a glass door. I would have preferred not shivering in the cold even if it was hot water in the shower. *Tip: There are adapters for electric available at the front desk, you are charged 10 pounds for it but when returned the fee is waived in case you forget your adapters* I enjoyed the little tea/coffee area in the room as well. It was cute with polka dot mugs. The Underground was fairly close, when you walk out the hotel lobby go right then another right down that street. You find the Underground sign on the left side of the street. Be wary, when returning to waterloo station it drops you off at a different location a bit furthur down on the opposite end of the buildings. Just keep a map with you and you'll be fine. There are "you are here" maps thru-out the city as well. The restaurant in the hotel is of Italian cuisine, and it pretty good. The restaurants in the sister Park Plaza across the street are better. Go to the sushi place called Itchi, it's very good. Also, Gillrays steakhouse near the London Eye was exceptional as well!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Miss_Tradewinds,

Thank you for your review.

I am sorry that we could not try and ensure your rooms were ready before 2pm. I can understand that you had a long flight and we always do try to ensure we get rooms ready on time and sometimes earlier if possible. I am happy however that you liked your room when you were able to check in and that you received a drink in our bar.

It's great that you could explore London and also dine in our sister property and at a local steakhouse.

I do hope thta we are able to welcome you back to Park Plaza County Hall again soon.

Grantham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

We were in London this weekend for the C2C Music Festival at the O2, and considered a number of hotels, in a number of locations, before eventually deciding on the PPCH. I originally booked a 'Superior Room' - however, I then contacted the reservations team and requested a good view, if possible. They were extremely helpful but advised that, unfortunately, all the Superior Rooms face inwardly and so do not have an exterior view. I was advised that we could wait until check in, and be upgraded to a Studio Room free of charge (dependent on availability) or they could offer me an upgrade to an Executive Studio Room for an extra £30 per night. I'm so glad I chose to take their offer, it was worth every single penny.
Upon arriving into London King's Cross, we took the Piccadilly line from Kings Cross St Pancras down to Leicester Square, where we changed onto the Northern Line before arriving into Waterloo Underground station. PPCH really is just around the corner from Waterloo, and takes you straight past the London Eye. The journey was very quick and easy, taking no more than 15-20 minutes all told.
We arrived at 1:15pm, 45 minutes before Check In. It was quite busy, but the queues moved quickly and we didn't have to wait long at all. We were lucky as our room was ready but for those who weren't as lucky, they were able to leave their luggage with concierge so they could go out and explore the City in the meantime. There is also a small waiting area, or you can head into the bar just opposite the Front Desk and wait for your room to be ready. The ladies at the Front Desk were all very helpful, and were generally very nice - even wishing my husband a Happy Birthday!
We didn't have to wait long for a lift all weekend - there are three of them, and are each able to hold several people despite appearing relatively small. Our room (on floor 13 out of 14) was directly opposite the elevators, which I actually quite liked as we didn't have any noise from it at all! In fact, I didn't see anyone else on our floor the whole weekend! The only noise we really heard was a member of staff walking up and down the hard, uncarpeted hallway wearing high heels during the night!
The room itself was just perfect - no complaints or problems whatsoever. The door opened out into a living area which then took you through a hallway complete with kitchenette and entrance to the bathroom, right into the bedroom. The living area was spacious, though quite dimly lit creating a lovely cosy feel. We enjoyed relaxing for a while in here, watching a bit of TV, after getting in from our long days.The kitchenette contained the necessities - sink, microwave, kettle, glasses, wine cooler, nespresso machine etc. You can also put your own items in the right hand side of the mini bar though it is not a refrigerator so just be aware of that. Opposite the kitchenette is the entrance to the bathroom - which is via an unlockable, frosted glass, sliding door. This was not an issue for my husband and I, though it may be for some people. The bathroom itself had a fabulously deep bath, large walk in glass shower with a rainforest overhead shower, as well as the option of a hand head showerhead - perfect for washing your hair and those harder to reach areas! Even if it did take my husband and I a while to figure out how to switch from one to the other! The bedroom was the icing on the cake, beautifully comfortable bed, pillows and duvet (with extras in the wardrobe), plenty of space for clothes etc, vanity unit and stool and then floor to ceiling windows with views to the right of London Eye and then to the left of Big Ben and The Houses of Parliament! Just amazing, especially at sunset and then at night, when the City lit up! <3 Beautiful.
For various reasons, we actually ended up having both breakfast and dinner in the room each day! The room service is available 24 hours, and has a great variety of options. On the Friday night and the Sunday night, our call was answered extremely quickly (I'm not sure it even rang in fact!) by an absolutely lovely young man who was very efficient, polite and professional. He also delivered it to our room on both nights and was equally as charming in person, everything you could ask for in terms of service etc from asking for permission to come in, where we would like it setting down to asking how we were, how our day was to taking us through each item ordered and checking everything was okay - I'm frustrated that I can't remember his name as he definitely deserves a particular mention (I think it began with Ch or Sh?). On the Saturday evening, I don't think that he was working, as we rang the Room Service several times, leaving it to ring quite a few times with no answer, before giving up and ringing Front Desk to check it was actually open! Over the weekend we had the Spaghetti Carbonara (extremely cheesy, but very nice!), the Spaghetti Bolognese (just right), the Meat Feast Pizza (soooo good!), the chicken wings starter (several wings included and tasted great though not necessarily the meatiest I've ever had), the Rump Steak (cooked perfectly rare, as requested), the County Hall burger (delish!) along with a mixed greens salad (with the most fabulous cherry tomatoes I've ever tasted!) and lemon and blackcurrant sorbet! I would honestly recommend it all! In terms of breakfast, there was plenty of variety on offer and all of it very tasty, it was always served bang on time (9:45am when we opted for the 9:45am to 10am slot), very fresh and piping hot. For the surcharge, it was worth not having to queue in the restaurant, and being able to eat it at your own pace in the comfort of your dressing gown and slippers!! Our housekeeper, Nicholetta, kept our room extremely tidy and clean (no complaints whatsoever) and was really friendly and smiley when we bumped into her on our way out.
What else?! Oh, you are right opposite County Hall to the right, and right around the corner from both the London Eye in the one direction, and Westminster Bridge in the other, taking you across the Thames to the Houses of Parliament, Big Ben, Westminster Abbey etc etc! You have the option of Waterloo or Westminster tube stations, and there is a bus stop directly outside the hotel! Buckingham Palace and Trafalgar Square are both approximately 20-25 minutes walking distance away! There was no noise whatsoever from the street outside, despite it being a relatively busy road. The staff are all very polite, professional yet kind - they went out of their way to help me celebrate my husband's birthday with a bottle of wine, slice of chocolate cake, balloons on the bed and even a birthday card! Thank you so much to everyone we met and helped make our stay what it was! We will 100% be back, probably in an Executive Studio room again as we have definitely been spoilt! I can definitely recommend Room 1330!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
kayleighnik,

Thank you for your lovely review.

Everyone is so pleased that you had a lovely time and that you could let us know in such detail!

I have passed on your feedback to Nicholetta and she is so happy that she could meet you personally during your stay and ensure she kept your room clean and tidy.

It does really sound like you had such a great stay with us - a birthday stay never to forget.

We hope that this means you will be back again soon.

Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

Stayed in room 617 which had an amazing view of the London Eye; spacious; quiet; gorgeous Elemis toiletries and confomfortable bed. We had cocktails on the ground floor bar and we were so well looked after by a sweet girl from Madagascar. The sticky ribs were to die for; we had an amazing time before leaving for the theatre to see The Lion King.
Breakfast the next day was excellent; It was very busy but it was not a problem for us because we were warned by the nice girl from Australia. Whilst we waited in line, we were offered shots of chilled smoothie perfect after a long night in town. The coffee was excellent and the breakfast staff could not have done more for us.
We checked out when the reception was very busy; but there was someone by the lifts updating us on who was next. It was really nice they allowed us to leave our bags and we managed to do some sightseeing before taking the Eurostar back home.
The only criticism is that the lifts are too slow and that we could not open the windows but understand this may be for security reasons. Thank you Park Plaza for an amazing stay.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
guy g,

That's really lovely to read that you were looked after by my colleague in the bar while having some of our yummy cocktails.

I am also happy that my colleague Susie could let you know about the best time to have breakfast with us during your stay.

I really hope that when you are next in London you can stay with us. Let us know if you need any help with your next booking.

Chichester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

Oh what a lovely bed!!!! After every holiday we are always glad to get back into our own super king size bed with an amazing memory foam mattress, but not this time. As we got into bed the sounds we made could have been misinterpreted for something else............ it was amazing!!!! The hotel is so central, clean and friendly, we will definitely fe going back. Hope we get the same bed!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Jackie T,

It's so great to read that you were able to get such a good nights sleep at our hotel!

Thank you for the review and we cannot wait to welcome you back again soon.

Guest Relations Manager

Been to Park Plaza County Hall London? Share your experiences!