Stayed here on business for a week in March. It is the older sister of the two Park Plazas in the area of Waterloo. I stayed in room 1102 (standard room) which had an ok view of the London Eye and a pretty good view of Big Ben in the distance. I recommend staying in a corner room like this one for double window views at the same price as single window view rooms. The hotel does have inner rooms that look down through the hotel, I don't recommend these as there are no outside windows. Some of my colleagues had these rooms and were not satisfied. Some of us had to wait for our rooms to be ready, which we are already exhausted from the long plane ride over the pond. Rooms were still not ready 2 hours after checkin. Oh well, they gave us vouchers for a free drink at the hotel bar! Ha. Anyway, after I get into my room it's modern and cozy. I only thing I did not like is that the shower only had half of a glass door. I would have preferred not shivering in the cold even if it was hot water in the shower. *Tip: There are adapters for electric available at the front desk, you are charged 10 pounds for it but when returned the fee is waived in case you forget your adapters* I enjoyed the little tea/coffee area in the room as well. It was cute with polka dot mugs. The Underground was fairly close, when you walk out the hotel lobby go right then another right down that street. You find the Underground sign on the left side of the street. Be wary, when returning to waterloo station it drops you off at a different location a bit furthur down on the opposite end of the buildings. Just keep a map with you and you'll be fine. There are "you are here" maps thru-out the city as well. The restaurant in the hotel is of Italian cuisine, and it pretty good. The restaurants in the sister Park Plaza across the street are better. Go to the sushi place called Itchi, it's very good. Also, Gillrays steakhouse near the London Eye was exceptional as well!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Park Plaza County Hall is conveniently located on the south side of the River Thames near Waterloo Station and is next to London's County Hall, home to several attractions, including the London Sea Life Aquarium. The hotel is within minutes of a number of local attractions, including the London Eye (walking distance), Big Ben and the Houses of Parliament. Our London accommodation features modern guest rooms, six well-equipped meeting rooms with natural daylight, Restaurant & Bar, an Executive Lounge and a Fitness Centre. Choose Park Plaza County Hall and see what makes us one of the top London Waterloo hotels. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, Agoda, Priceline, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, Booking.com, EasyToBook, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Park Plaza County Hall London reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Park Plaza County Hall London Hotel London
- Park Plaza London
- London Park Plaza
- Park Plaza County Hall London England