I had emailed the hotel beforehand to advise that it was my husband's 50th birthday and asked if it would be possible to be allocated a room with a London Eye view. I received an email back saying that they had noted it was my husband's birthday and they would make our stay as special as possible. To my very pleasant surprise when we booked in we had been upgraded to a junior suite with living room, kitchenette and bedroom, and the staff wished my husband happy birthday. (He didn't get a card or wine like some other reviewers have mentioned receiving, but as he doesn't drink that didn't matter - the upgrade was more than enough). Our room on the 3rd floor was amazing with a view of the London Eye. There wasn't any full length hanging space in the wardrobe, but as we were only there one night it wasn't really a problem. There was no bath, which would have gone down a treat to soak my tired feet after all the walking we did. The shower was a bit of an experience though as there was just a flimsy curtain and if you moved the tap too far forward then water sprayed all over the bathroom from a little tap outside the shower and soaked everywhere! Also a word of warning about breakfast - make sure you put something over your chair to indicate that you are still there to avoid the incident we had! We started breakfast with some fruit and yoghurt and then went back to the buffet for the full English, and when we returned to the table it had been cleared and another couple were sitting there!! I appreciate that it was getting very busy but we had only been in the restaurant for about 5 minutes and hadn't even touched the pot of coffee which had only just been brought out, so I don't know why the staff thought we had left! We had to point out that we were sitting there and were nowhere near finished with our breakfast! The staff were however very apologetic and quickly moved the other couple so we could sit back down. However that didn't spoil our trip and we would happily return to the Park Plaza Country Hall as it is in an excellent location - oh and I would thoroughly recommend seeing Spamalot too!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Park Plaza County Hall is conveniently located on the south side of the River Thames near Waterloo Station and is next to London's County Hall, home to several attractions, including the London Sea Life Aquarium. The hotel is within minutes of a number of local attractions, including the London Eye (walking distance), Big Ben and the Houses of Parliament. Our London accommodation features modern guest rooms, six well-equipped meeting rooms with natural daylight, Restaurant & Bar, an Executive Lounge and a Fitness Centre. Choose Park Plaza County Hall and see what makes us one of the top London Waterloo hotels. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Carlson, Agoda, Tingo, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, LondonMarketing.com, Despegar.com, EasyToBook, Venere and Otel so you can book your Park Plaza County Hall London reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Park Plaza County Hall London Hotel London
- Park Plaza London
- London Park Plaza
- Park Plaza County Hall London England