“Smart, clean, comfortable and good size room” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Park Plaza County Hall London

You added Park Plaza County Hall London to your Saves list
Park Plaza County Hall London
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Addington Street, London SE1 7RY, England (Waterloo / South Bank / Southwark)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book now & save up to 20%
Ranked #105 of 1,066 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
UK
“Smart, clean, comfortable and good size room”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

The Park Plaza Hotel, County Hall is a lovely modern clean hotel.

The staff are smart and very friendly upon arrival.

The standard size room was bigger than the average size standard 4 star hotel room that we have stayed in before. It consisted of a room with a bed and tv, another room with a sofa and another tv, a side kitchen and a bathroom.

The bed was quite comfortable, perhaps a tad of the hard side and the pillows I think the pillows where a little on the slim slide not very plump but it was a decent size room and very clean. Also there was a tv in the bedroom which had cable channels.

The next room consisted of a side small kitchen with a microwave, sink, fridge and cupboard with crockery and the room consisted of a leather sofa which can turn into a sofa bed and another tv, also had long large windows. The room was all very modern with creams and browns.

The bathroom was luxury with marble tops, a bath, a large modern sink, and a decent size shower again all very clean and fresh.

Best room I have stayed in for a chain hotel I would deffinately book again if I need to stay in London.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
PPCHLondon, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza County Hall London, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Dear 4lemons,

Thank you for your detailed review. It’s great to hear our rooms are probably the best rooms you’ve stayed in! I am glad we were able to make your stay an enjoyable experience and are looking forward to your next visit.

Best Wishes,

Dana David
Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (680)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Malibu, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

This has a terrific location and all you'd expect from a Park Plaza property.
I stayed here twice in the last month.
Great for starting your touring of London. Easy walk from many sites, longer walk to Hyde Park and Palace.waterloo station an easy 5 minute walk for trains and underground.
Attractive property, front desk and rooms.
However, do not get an interior room. It's really weird staying in a room without a window to the outdoors.
Above average restaurant on site.
Terrific staff and concierge.
Did I mention great location

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Dear SanMo,

Thank you for your review and for your double visit this month. It’s great to hear you once again enjoyed your stay with us and our fantastic location!

We are looking forward to seeing you again.

Kind Regards,

Dana David
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for one night, as a group of 3 girls in a double studio with lounge and kitchenette (one double and one double sofa bed). Very comfy well appointed rooms, and a great location! Sliding glass door on bathroom doesn't give the most privacy from a noise point of view but we coped fine! Staff were beyond helpful despite being really busy, and all in all I'd really recommend it especially foods you can get a good price which we did on last min!

• Stayed April 2013
PPCHLondon, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza County Hall London, responded to this review, April 28, 2013
LittleMisshappiness,

Glad you and your friends had a good stay with us and that the team were able to look after you!

I hope you can visit us again soon.

Thank you for your review.

Cheltenham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

This hotel is just over the bridge from Westminster, so walking over to our business meeting in the morning gave wonderful views of the Houses of Parliament, Big Ben and the river with the sun shining. We had checked in the previous night and been upgraded to a junior suite, which overlooked Waterloo Station - not so pretty, but enjoyable enough to watch the world go by from the comfort of your room. The service at check-in was excellent - speedy, efficient, friendly, and the same at check-out.
The room had all the facilities you would need, including an iron. And because there was no place for the hairdryer to be fixed in front of a mirror, they had the cunning idea to have a portable mirror on a stand with the hairdryer - fabulous!!! So many times I am in a hotel which promises a hairdryer and indeed it may be there, but nowhere near a mirror or with too short a lead to check the results as you go along. A VERY big pat on the back, CHPP!
And a very comfortable bed.
The room itself was clean and tidy, lots of towels and a nice coffee making machine. There was a kitchenette (being a suite) with fridge, microwave and sink, cutlery and crockery. I could see that you could comfortably have a longer stay here.
All in all, a very good hotel for the price and very handy for the 'business' area of Westminster. Would happily stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the front, overlooking the London Eye if possible
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
kookie2,

Thank you for your review.

It's great to read that you were able to take in the sights of London while we had some good weather.

It's also great to know that you liked the small mirror and hair dryer in the room! Perhaps next time you can stay with us a bit longer so that you can see and do a lot more in our great location.

We hope we can welcome you back again soon.

Warrington, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

My wife & I and our 2 children have just returned from a London Marathon weekend staying at the Park Plaza County Hall. From the moment we checked in on the saturday 20th until the moment we checked out again on Tuesday 26th April nothing was too much trouble for the helpful staff.

Simon (the excellent hotel manager) and his team looked after our every need nothing was too much trouble. The hotel had sepcific pasta menus in the restaurant and extra water bottles / energy bars freely available on the day of the run, they also opened ballast especially early - all things really appreciated by runners!

All the staff congratulated me after the race and their kind and interested attitude really helped to make for a special weekend!

Technically the hotel is excellent as you would expect from a new central London hotel. The staff were also very informative which really helped to make the difference whether it was directions to the marathon start in blackheath or advice of the best way to get to the theatre for the show we had booked.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone considering travelling to London. It has certainly helped my family create some very special memories of a great weekend in London - unforgettable!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
johnfwalsh,

Thank you for your fantastic feedback! I am so pleased that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us!!!

Congratulations once again for completing the London Marathon and I am pleased that you were able to stay with us at such a great time of the year.

I will pass on your thanks to all the team and Simon, our General Manager.

We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Edinburgh
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

I stayed here recently and it's a pretty good choice for a central London hotel. Welcome at reception was excellent - special marks to Trupti for being so charming and helpful. I was given an upgrade to a small suite with a "proper" window (rather than an internal Atrium room) and it was very spacious. It's definitely an improvement on many London hotels I stay in and great to have enough room to do my morning yoga...
The choice of breakfast was good - again, it makes a difference to have freshly cooked eggs. The breakfast room was a little crowded, but this is to be expected of a busy hotel at peak time.
The only snag I had was the free wifi was not a good connection in my room. But apart from that I was very happy.
I travel from Scotland to London at least every fortnight and I shall definitely be back, and recommend to colleagues. Next week I am in the PP in Lambeth, so I shall hope for a similar experience.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
PPCHLondon, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza County Hall London, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
TallulahR,

Great that you were able to stay with us and that the room was spacious enough for you to do your morning yoga!

I will pass on your special thanks to my colleague Trupti - I am pleased she was able to welcome you so warmly.

I will pass on your feedback with regards to the wi-fi in the room to the relevant department as we are always trying to improve this for all our guests.

I do hope you are able to come and visit us again soon and thank you for your review!

Tampere, Finland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

Comfortable, quite ok hotel near Waterloo station and the Eye, room was quite small, fairly ok setup but lacking in some sense when looking at the price you pay even for just a basic room. Of course, this is London and the prices are what they are. Breakfast buffet was basic, but ok. A bit crowded on couple mornings but that's just propably the timing.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
rkurki73,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with us in March.

I am pleased that you were able to stay with us while you were away on business.

I do hope we are able to welcome you back again soon.

Guest Relations Manager

Been to Park Plaza County Hall London? Share your experiences!